The Business Ideas thread

I would suspect because Curran was a GAA player and MW Hire sponsor Laois

Because one is a Laois player who is sponsored by MW Hire, the other is Martin Comerford who works/worked for MW Hire

Roaster

2 Likes

His jersey is clearly NOT tucked in.

Would there not be a danger that the pressure on the air bag could eventually become too great and cause it to burst?

That is correct now that you mention it. No way could big time begs be thought of as a roaster, I apologise to the man.

I didn’t look at the photo in detail. I accept that his jersey is not tucked in. However, it would appear he’s wearing jeans without a belt! Is this typical Laois behaviour @myboyblue?

Also, isn’t Martin Comerford more comfortable with a sliothar?

Finally, what’s Shane Curran’s involvement in this? Is he MW hire too?

I’m sure there is. But equally, I am sure there is an engineering solution to this.

Like replacing the water with sand?

You could just fill the air bag with sand

3 Likes

Its Currans company that came up with the idea of the bags I believe. Most likely in cahoots with MW.

Gorta must have left the hurley at home.

I dont pay much attention to other gentlemens wearing or non wearing of belts only to say I wear one myself.

There are alot of vested interests in the sand bagging business Fagan. Fall in FFS.

Dont fuck with the sandbag lobby.

1 Like

Actually I would assume that a device allowing the bags to fill with water (the floodwater for example) would be quite effective.

1 Like

Anyway, I doubt that bigger sand bags is the long term solution to our flooding problems.

1 Like

This was on grand designs:

1 Like

I’ve given that a like @TreatyStones

Thanks Fagan, I noticed that.
I was going to make a cruel quip about you being an old cunt on the Terrorism thread but I won’t now.

1 Like

I’d tend to agree that if you got the right membrane - water would be as effective a filler as sand. I’d also agree that big sandbags are a bit stupid - they’re hard to move around the place once full i.e. you’d have to fill them in place.

That’s just likebait. But I’m giving it a like anyway.

Is there anything to be said for a business that doesn’t build houses in flood plains? They could do all kinds of marketing and get good prices for the houses.

The Dutch have built a nation in a flood plain, pal, and have prospered. Half the country here is a potential flood plain. There’s no reason why with a bit of ingenuity we shouldn’t be able to use nearly all of it.