The Buy Irish Thread

Good query @bandage

Some crowd up here created a new app called Q Kangaroo that local butchers, hotels, restaurants etc seem to be using for click and collect. They seen to have a few other spots around the country but it’s very Dundalk-centric at the moment. Have used it a few times.

1 Like

Kinara near you are I’m pretty sure.

1 Like

By virtue of how despised you are across the majority of the forum, you’ve just sounded the death knell for designireland.ie

:ok_hand::+1:

I’d buy that

If you’re looking at buying some craft beer hampers or whatever, this place looks decent, based in Mullingar (cc @Bod95)

And another crowd in Killarney. These both came up on targeted ads on social media this morning

3 Likes

Ahem! I’m @Bod95 and I endorse this message🤣

:open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

Is this your business mate??

No the missus is FC for the pub group😭 they are trying to get a few quid in with this

5 Likes

I’ll try and get an order in before Christmas

We need to support our own around here.

I’d been googling some craft beer stuff last night, and their ad landed in my Instagram today.

4 Likes

Cheers mate!

Bought some Christmas presents for the mother from this shop in Nenagh today. The Mrs had told me about it. Might be a decent spot for anyone out to get something for their mothers/MILs.

1 Like

Looks like it’s modelled on the Etsy site. Nothing wrong with that of course. Looks good.

I’ve never used Etsy myself. The Mrs had a shop on it years ago when she used to make dresses and stuff like that

Hard to make money on those sites I’d say.

Only useful as a sideline I’d imagine

Very difficult mate.

The Mrs was supplying markets, a couple of boutiques etc., and selling a bit online and then a lot through word of mouth. Very hard way to make a living. She’s super talented but not tough enough for the business side of it (would say it straight up herself). Hard to sell a handmade piece of clothing at X price when you could go into a high street type store and buy a factory made version for cheaper.

2 Likes

Classic. Have you the farah slacks to go with them?

A grand beige pair.

It’s Bandcamp Friday.

That means Bandcamp waives its fees so you could buy records and merch off Irish bands and they’ll get the full whack.

1 Like