The Cancer Thread

Best of luck PB, the professionals can really do amazing things these days.

You have a great attitude, well done.

1 Like

The very best of luck @Portumna_Bridge. As many have already stated you seem to be facing it with a determined attitude.

I experienced some trivial difficulties myself in the recent past and I wasn’t a great patient but I was fortunate in that I had a defined period to expected recovery. What struck me most about the whole experience was the immense courage it must take for people to fight a serious illness where a recovery timeline isn’t certain and more generally how shit it is to be ill for a long period.

Sounds obvious now but I came away with a whole new appreciation of how fortunate I am to have my health and what some people have to ensure in their lives.

8 Likes

Fuck it chief. Im only seeing this now. I dont even know what to say. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

2 Likes

Best wishes. Hope it all goes well for you.

1 Like

Best of luck with the surgery pal. Hope you kick the shit out of it, and are around this place for years to come

1 Like

Best of luck mate. Drive the shoulder in to it and pull like fuck :muscle:

1 Like

All the best mate.

2 Likes

Jesus. Best of luck PB

3 Likes

Don’t know you,but hope you bate the shite out of it and recover ASAP

1 Like

The best piece of advice I’ve heard in a long while. Get well soon

6 Likes

Best of luck mate. Take any help that is offered, be it professional or personal

2 Likes

Best of luck lad,keep the good fight going

2 Likes

God be with you, mate.

4 Likes

Best of luck to you

3 Likes

Best wishes mate.

2 Likes

Good on you portumna. You are a brave man. Keep the chin up. My thoughts are with you, for whatever its worth.

1 Like

Can I just add my best wishes to this @Portumna_Bridge, stay strong , you’re in my thoughts :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

You have the heart of a lion to endure what you’ve endured mate, and sound ready to face the next obstacle. Best wishes with the surgery.

2 Likes

Very best of luck to you.
Tough going to say the least.

2 Likes

The very best wishes for your good health, @Portumna_Bridge.

Hopefully you’ll destroy the cancer like Joe Canning does to Kilkenny defences.

2 Likes