The Cancer Thread

Ar dheis de go raibh a anam

Mind yourself pal

1 Like

Sad news man. The light of Heaven to her. RIP.

Sorry to hear that, @backinatracksuit. RIP.

Sorry to hear that news, it’s difficult to watch a parent go in the manner cancer can take them but any help to make it easier for all is priceless. Go easy.

Sorry to hear that @backinatracksuit, RIP

Sorry to hear that.

I know it may be little comfort, but as way to goes go, that sounds as good as it can get. My condolences to you and yours.

2 Likes

May she RIP @backinatracksuit. Sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss @backinatracksuit.

Indeed, in hindsight getting her a bed in Marymount was the equivalent of winning the lottery, I was terrified of those places but the experience was fantastic, I stayed over in the family rooms many nights before driving off to work early, they have large common room areas for family members and friends to congregate during those times when nobody wants to go home, we had some laughs up there,
The nurse who tended to my mother in her final hours late on Monday night/ Tuesday morning was the closest thing to an angel I’ve ever met, no words could ever do her justice,
My mum was ready to go when her time came, no fear, it was a life well lived and she was a woman of enormous faith, convinced she was headed for the arms of her parents and my father, we’ve had a grand week, we’re a strong family

37 Likes

Deepest sympathy @backinatracksuit

Beautifully put mate.

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss buddy.

Sorry for your loss mate.

Sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and your family…

So sorry @backinatracksuit. Hope the family and you get over the holiday season, that’ll be tough

They’re unbelievable people who work in Hospice related roles.

Sympathies to you & your family.

Sincerest condolences @backinatracksuit

sorry to hear that

RIP

hope you are ok

Sorry to hear that mate. RIP