The Cancer Thread

Tough station Bod. All the best to you and yours in the time ahead.

Milford is an incredible place. God bless JP.

2 Likes

My beautiful mother passed away peacefully earlier this morning. We managed to get her back to Milford on Thursday and we couldnā€™t give all the staff there enough credit for the care she received. Sincere thanks to everyone here for their support and PMs, I really appreciated it.

71 Likes

Very sorry to hear that mate.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, may she rest in peace.

1 Like

Iā€™m very sorry to hear this, may she Rest in Peace.

Thoughts and prayers with you and the family at this time. The staff in Milford are nothing short of incredible. Iā€™ve no doubt she went very peacefully and comfortably.

1 Like

Very sorry to hear that, may she rest in peace.

1 Like

Very sorry for your loss @Bod95

1 Like

Condolences @Bod95. Very sorry to hear that.

1 Like

Condolences @Bod95

1 Like

Very sorry for your loss and sympathies to your family. I hope she was in relative comfort and ye got to spend as much time with her in those last couple of days. Look after yourself and take some time off from work to deal with everything else properly.

1 Like

Sorry for your loss @Bod95

1 Like

An incredibly sad time in all your lives. You all have a couple of tough days ahead of you but there will be an absolute raft of great memories. The light of Heaven to her gentle soul.

2 Likes

Best wishes to you and your family especially your sister so far from home.

1 Like

Very sorry to hear that @Bod95. May your Mam rest in peace. Crying is a great therapy at times like these.

2 Likes

Very sorry to hear that @Bod95 , Best wishes to you and your family.

1 Like

May she rest on peace

1 Like

RIP to her. Can I ask what age was she?

Iā€™m after putting through a tough couple of days myself. My mother went into hospital on Monday with a persistent cough and feeling like shit. My Dad died of lung cancer with similar symptoms and my Mam is up the walls with worry that she has the same thing. Recent feedback suggests there is nothing sinister going on just a bad infection but we will not know for definite until early next week.

My mother is also the carer for my elderly aunt so we have had to scramble around trying to make sure she is looked after also as she needs to have regular care. We have a great home help lady but we canā€™t rely exclusively on her so unfortunately we took the decision to put her into respite in a local nursing home for two weeks to hopefully allow my Mam to recuperate. She didnā€™t want to go but reluctantly agreed and to be honest I donā€™t think she has very long left.

I donā€™t mean to hijack your news, I went off on a bit of a rant there apologies, but just letting you know that there are others close to your position and can appreciate what you are going through. Life was never meant to be easy unfortunately but this will make you stronger. I have experienced three close family deaths in the last ten years (all elderly) so the above situation is like water off a duckā€™s back in ways but still is horrible.

29 Likes

Sorry for your loss @Bod95

1 Like

Sorry for your loss @Bod95. May she rest in peace.

1 Like