The Cancer Thread

Fairplay, mate.

What will you do in the interim, with no bag and no normal service? Just hold it in?

I was thinking the same thing myself. I presume heā€™s on a liquid diet until the surgery heals.

Iā€™d imagine itā€™s fairly sudden. Like drawing a pull through through a rifle. Anyway, Mike will fill us in.

No. Nothing like that. Iā€™ll be on a very low fiber diet for a couple of weeks. Letting the bowl get back to its routine slowly. I wint be let out of here anyway until Iā€™ve had a few so called "normal movements "

You have to call in a circle.of.professionals to monitor you while you curl one out like an ice cream van?

10 Likes

@LionelRitchie is on fire this morning!

High fibre, surely?

No. Low fiber. You dont want to overload something that has been dormant for the bones of three years.

Youā€™ll be back filling the togs in croke park again in jig time mate
Unlimited Fartbreak.

2 Likes

This isnā€™t really the appropriate thread as there hasnā€™t been a diagnosis but Iā€™ve mentioned my Mamā€™s situation on this thread before.

Sheā€™ll be in hospital five weeks on Monday. She was sick complaining of breathlessness which was coming from fluid on her lung. The initial view was some sort of infection.

Five weeks on and all sorts of scans and antibiotics later we still donā€™t know what is wrong. Thankfully scans have all come back clear but the doctors donā€™t know whatā€™s wrong which in my experience points to not good places.

Today we got news that yet again the antibiotics werenā€™t responding to the ā€˜infectionā€™ and they were changing them again. My Mam is understandably not feeling great and I feel so sorry for her being stuck in hospital.

We have a meeting with the consultant next Wednesday which I hope will shed light on the story but what can you do? In the words of Opus - Life is Life.

31 Likes

Best of luck with it. All you can do is wait

2 Likes

Best of luck with it pal.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a tough station youā€™ve described there farmer. Iā€™ve been in your place and thankfully had the good outcome but as you say life is life and all you do is kick the can down the road

1 Like

Thatā€™s good to hear mate - thanks.

Keep positive oulā€™ stock. Thereā€™s nothing diagnosed yet per sĆØ so wait and see. Granted itā€™s taking a while to tame an infection but sheā€™s in good hands youā€™d hope.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the thing. We need to make a call on that at some point.

1 Like

Go n-eirĆ­ an bĆ³thar libh, a chara.

1 Like

Oh if youā€™re having any doubts on that score Iā€™d move her to St.Jamesā€™s.

Sheā€™s a patient of Dolanā€™s Iā€™m assuming.

1 Like

Best of luck with it pal

Whatever happens, as a lad whose mother died last week said to me it was a privilege mind her after all she did for me

Itā€™s hard but i think you have to reach for the grace in these situations and thatā€™s where you ultimately do justice to the man your mum reared.

4 Likes