The Cancer Thread

So youā€™re speaking for every family that have had a recent bereavement from cancer?

A post criticising RTE policy on having excessive documentaries on deceased/retired employees should be on the thread said show is being discussed as its topical.

Iā€™m not but you seem to be.

Weā€™ve heard everybodyā€™s opinion by now. Some lads are hardly proud of their input into what is a very personal and frequently harrowing thread.
Itā€™s time to move on, we know we all stand on last nightā€™s programme.

10 Likes

Nope. Iā€™m fortunate I havenā€™t lost a loved one to cancer so canā€™t comment on how they feel, I can only guess. Itā€™s called empathy.

Then why did your say this?

Youā€™re contradicting yourself. You ought to be embarrassed by your behaviour here, the same fella who aligns himself with a poster who actually used cancer to goad another poster on here.

You appointed yourself to be their spokesperson. I asked the question.

Lads yer the biggest shower of cuntsā€¦ Just let it go ffs

2 Likes

You seemed to be speaking on their behalf so itā€™s a bizarre accusation to levy at me.

Iā€™m open to accepting apologies from the lads who tried to enflame my reasonable comments into something sinister for self-gain.

Genuine question, as you have so much time all day every day to post hereā€¦

3 Likes

Are we all set for the Christmas lads?

1 Like

Fuck off with this shite you shilling Cunt

2 Likes

Bizarre to single me out in that line hombre. I spend about the same amount of time on here as most posters do on a given day

I think what @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy may be alluding to, is more that so many cancer deaths go unremarked and unpublicised, and the suffering is silent.
But every film has to have a subject, and it is only natural really that filmmakers would be inspired (if thatā€™s the word) by one of their own.

It depends. Some genetic defects are hereditary, some spontaneous. Some are passed on, some arenā€™t.
Thereā€™s a lot of factors, but as a rule of thumb it becomes more likely with increasing frequency in the family, other factors aside, as I understand it.

2 Likes

I wasnā€™t going to bother my hole posting up on this thread but i got really shit news 3 weeks ago. Iā€™ve lung cancer and itā€™s a growerā€¦ Its not curable but treatableā€¦

Iā€™ve been in and out of hospital pretty much for the last 3 weeks. Iā€™ve the first blast of chemo done and dusted with radiation and chemo again in 2 weeks time.

I got home last night finally to see my girleensā€¦ Its fucking heartbreaking stuff but you have to pull yourself along and throughā€¦

Iā€™m youngish so hopfully the chemo and r3do their job and Iā€™ll do mineā€¦

Stop the fucking bitching, enjoy the time you have that you take for granted and if youā€™ve got kids, give them an extra hug tonight

103 Likes

Fuck sake.

Best wishes.

Fuck, best wishes @faldo

You will beat the bastard of a thing.

Ah here. Dont know what to say boss