The Cark Thread

Its a Cork Tipp thing.

Cork City and Sheffield Wednesday!

Breathes a huge sigh of relief.

:clap:

What did you expect me to say!

Cork could win munster hurling, there will be a hype about Clare if the give Div 1 a good rattle, should Cork beat them, they will go into a munster final and could win it. THey lived with a very good Galway team this year, but they seem to have a lost an awful lot of experience in the last monthā€¦they do not seem to have replacements of an equivalent standard, but the certainly do have a potentially lethal FF line and and Cork team with that should never be overlooked

I was getting very worried you were a Liverpool supporting Corkonian from a now defunct GAA forum.

Itā€™s going to be a long term rebuilding project.JBM needs to be given time to rebuild the team and the lack of success at underage level is not helping.The forwards also need to up the workrate and try and compete more in the physical and ariel exchanges.

Yeā€™ll be firm favs v clare, history and tradition etc.

Clare have to play Waterford first!

i had that wrong, i thought it was cork v clare and winners to play waterfordā€¦

As luck would have it, iā€™m off to cork for the week. Please advise on quality dining spots for the evening. Healthy and tasty are the main criteria.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using TFK App

The Market Lane on Oliver Plunkett Street is nice.The Star Anise on Bridge Street is also a good dining spot.I also recommend Clancys on Princess Street and The Soho on the Grand Parade.Personally myself im a big fan of the soho and itā€™s nice to keep Seanie Mac (1990 all ireland winner with Cork) in business.

Tis yourself Rebel, how are the Banks of the lovely Lee holding up to all this rain?

Drop into the Triskel for an indie film Juhnalio, if you are so inclined. Its a cinema built in a church, so worth a look regardless. There is a cafe/wine bar there as well.

Scoozis is good for lunch as well.

Currans does what Scoozis does but better!

btw South Limerick Referee you wrote a great post on An Fear Rua a few years ago about how the Cork footballers went from nearly becoming all ireland champions in 99 to becoming cannon fodder for teams like Fermanagh in 04.The Cork team of the early noughties was good enough to win an all ireland imo but that Kerry defeat in croke park in 2002 seemed to knock the stuffing out of that team.

Iā€™d an issue with connecting earlier so had to go blind with regards to restaurant choice. Ended up in the strasbourg goose i believe. Lovely spot. 20e for 3 courses. Took the prawn noodle satay to start. Crisp prawns with suspiciously spaghettious noodles in a excellently flavoured satay. My lamb shank main was melt in the mouth and would tempt a return. Deserted dessert in favour of a glass of red. Cosy place, good service great food.
8.5/10

Iā€™ll try one of the suggestions tomorrow methinks.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using TFK App

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX8cX8d1hjk

Some great beaglling footage here and also footage about talking about beagling in Cork. :clap: