The Cark Thread

:clap:

A great clip

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/no-home-for-giant-knitted-map-of-city-which-cost-taxpayers-259k-215117.html

:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/BVxhqdmVgDw

I think the frontage of the Merchants Quay shopping centre is getting a makeover.That area used to be a street full of commerce and life until they erected that horrible building.

HM will be delighted to hear that

The out of town shopping centres haven’t affected Cork city centre at all.Not to the extent that they have in Limerick and Waterford city centres anyway.The city was bursting with atmosphere over the christmas period.Christmas in Cork is a very special time of the year.

it might have been bursting but i guarantee there were no queues at the til…cork cunts are tight with their money…everyone knows that…

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess things this like this will happen when you let Strawberry Rat loose in Cork!

Man threw petrol on pregnant woman

Saturday, January 12, 2013

A pharmacy employee who is seven months’ pregnant had petrol thrown on her face by a man who then lit toilet paper which he threw in her direction, it was claimed yesterday.

http://cache.tcm.ie/media/images/a/AlanFoleyArsonAttackAccusedJan2013Internal_large.jpg

[font=inherit]By Liam Heylin[/font]
[font=Tahoma][size=3]Alan Foley, aged 33, of no fixed address, was refused bail yesterday after the arresting Garda, Mark Harrington, objected to bail on the basis of the seriousness of the allegations and fears about further offences in light of alleged threats made by Foley afterwards. [/size][/font]

[font=Tahoma][size=3]Foley was brought before Cork District Court on a charge of assault causing harm to the woman at the DocMorris pharmacy, Grand Parade, Cork, shortly before lunchtime on Thursday, Jan 10. [/size][/font]

[font=Tahoma][size=3]Foley’s reply after caution was: “She deserved it.” [/size][/font]

[font=Tahoma][size=3]Garda Harrington said it was alleged that the accused entered the pharmacy and approached a staff member. However, Foley then got into an argument with another man outside the counter and the woman behind the counter asked them to calm down. [/size][/font]

[font=Tahoma][size=3]“He then took out a plastic container and threw petrol in the injured party’s face. He began lighting toilet paper and throwing this at the injured party. [/size][/font]

[font=Tahoma][size=3]“The 35-year-old female is seven months’ pregnant,” he said. [/size][/font]

[font=Tahoma][size=3]There was no allegation made of the petrol being ignited. Garda Harrington said gardaí had a serious concern of the accused interfering with witnesses if granted bail. [/size][/font]

[font=Tahoma][size=3]It is alleged that he threatened afterwards that he would burn this pharmacy and any others “giving out syringes”. [/size][/font]

[font=Tahoma][size=3]Eddie Burke, solicitor, asked for the bail application to be adjourned so a psychiatric report could be prepared on the accused. [/size][/font]

[font=Tahoma][size=3]Judge Leo Malone acceded to that application and remanded Foley in custody. Inspector Michael McGuire asked for the first remand to be until Thursday, Jan 17, by video link to Cork prison.[/size][/font]

This is wonderful. A wum or a looper. Either way its going to be entertaining

There were 459 souls at the McGrath Cup game today between Cork and Tipp.

Say’s the Clare man LOL.Even the Limerick crowd look down their noses at ye. :lol:

You genuinely believe the bunch of cart horses in the cork football squad are the most talented in the country then?
Also give me the defence you think can win munster?
Shane o’neill and …?

Donnacha O’Connor, Colm O’Neill, Daniel Goulding, Ciaran Sheehan, Paddy Kelly, Paul Kerrigan, Aidan Walsh, Michael Shields and Eoin Cadogan cart horses you say and you have the cheek to call me a wum. :lol:

whats that then?..

Who knows, but I spend my time in the plush suburbs of Rochestown when I’m down, and certainly not in the city center with the norries, or what ever it is you call the peasantry in cork. I’m a proud Limerick man and have standards- we created estates in Limerick to let them loose on, in cork they have been given the city center. Thankfully they have a marks and sparks in that shit hole Douglas so I don’t have to venture that far.

thats your list to prove your case. what a fcuking embarrassment you are. goulding and cadogan, ffs. aidan walsh would make a brilliant wing forward …for munster, but he wouldn`t hit a cows arse with a banjo in terms of accuracy with his foot.
o connor is a consistantly outstanding performer as is shields to be fair sheehan looks to be a really top quality lad as well but the rest of them are utterly inconsistant and most of the cork panel are afraid to kick the ball for fear of injuring people in the stand

Cork city centre has a very nice vibe to it.It certainly is the nicest city in ireland.The area around O’Connell Street in Dublin and William Street in Limerick on a saturday afternoon is about as low bro as a city centre can get!

Goulding and Cadogan are two of the best players in the country in their respective positions.You’re right about the kick passing issues in the half back line and midfield though!

With respect BC, Cadogan should stick to the hurling.