The causes of Glas

Do you think atheists are the only Non-Catholics?
Do you think that state funded schools should be allowed to discriminate on the base of religion?
Do you think religious schools should be funded by the state in the first place?

The whole thing is a fucking sham anyway, as the the percentage of Irish people under the age of 35 (the people enrolling young children in school) that go to Mass regularly is barely 10 fucking percentage. So Catholics me bollicks. Yet those people are forced to have their children baptised so they can go to the local national school? even though most might never see the inside of church but a handful of times in their life?
Go away to fuck, This is 20andfucking16.

1 Like

Go away you goul.
80% my hole.
I’d say most fellas on here don’t see the inside of a church except for the odd wedding and maybe a funeral.

Do you have to go to mass everyday to be a Roman Catholic ?
What has mass attendance to do with this debate ?
Some of the most important milestones in a Catholics life take place in their primary school going years, and just because a minority don’t agree with it, it all has to be stopped to placate this minority ??

2 Likes

Catholicism is not a crucifix measuring contest, it’s about being close to God and doing it with the best Church in the world.

2 Likes

You’re getting fair wound up, you should talk to a priest.

No worries mate. Great post.

I’ll pray for him tonight. Maybe to st Antony, although Steven is not yet a lost cause.
I feel with a gentle push we can bring him back to the Catholic family.
Remember like our Lord we are all-forgiving and all one big family.

I’m a regular mass goer mate.
I don’t believe in religious discrimination is all. I think that’s a very Oirish stance to take given our history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-u2Jtikd78

I’m gonna have to ladybird this for you.
We’ll compare it to, a game of hurling. Laois and Tipperary want to change the rules to 20 a side.
The other 30 counties want to play 15 a side.
So a vote is taken and its 30 votes to play 15 a side. 2 votes to play 20 a side.
So then Laois and Tipperary want to scrap hurling altogether because they didn’t get their way. Even though the majority want to play 15 a side.

St Jude is the man for the lost causes. St Anthony is for when you can’t find your keys.

1 Like

That has to be the stupidest analogy I’ve ever heard mate. And that’s saying something.

No one is saying that Catholic schools have to cease to exist.
If you are accepting state funding, then you have to make yourself available to all members of the state. It even says so in our constitution.
If you want to forego state funding, then by all means make it your own private club.

Good man Gil. It’s refreshing to know that someone on here is educated on theological matters.

I’m a priest brim.

1 Like

:joy::joy:
Good response.

1 Like

From next week on you can stay with me and Princess, pal! Some great nights ahead…

But in effect the minority are asking for catholic schools to cease to exist.
It’s a simple requirement to be baptised and to partake in Catholic teaching, in a CATHOLIC school.
If you’re not willing to abide by the will of the majority of the state in which you live maybe it’s time to find some place where you are happy with the majority decision.

You keep missing the point where they own all the fucking schools.

Do you promise to keep your cat away from my tea?

They are fucking STATE (tax payer) FUNDED.