The causes of Glas

Yes, we’ve established that, funded by Catholics.

1 Like

Stevie. Should the state make funding available to non Catholic schools ?? A

Yes.

Thats a legacy thing. They’re not strolling round swinging a bunch of keys. There’s a few pictures on the wall and some of them have lovely architecture because of it. Thats about the extent of it.

And lots of non-Catholics.

Fucks sake, and we complained about the Brits making us pay a tithe to their church.

Lots as in less than 20%? And take out the church of Ireland lads who are funded by Catholics too. Catholics are getting fucked over here again. It’s like the penal laws all over again.

It should make funding available to an institution that will agree to not discriminate.

What the fuck is wrong with people. There is no requirement to be baptized or to partake in Catholic teaching. Parents are the ultimate authority on how their children are educated. If a school principle states that a baptism cert is required and your child must sit through religious instruction tell him/her to go fuck him/herself and read the constitution.

1 Like

What about Islamic schools, should they not be allowed to have a preference for Muslim children?

90% of the schools are run by the Catholic church.
80% of the people (maybe less now) consider themselves Catholic.

Seems to me like they Papists are coming out ahead on that one. They get funding for a higher percentage of the schools than they make up in the population.

Do you believe in democracy Stevie.
I’d love a democracy where I could pick and choose the aspects I like or don’t like.
I wouldn’t pay tax. I’d be able to drive around the place pissed. Unfortunately though it doesn’t work like that.
I live here so therefore I have to live by the rules. Some l like, others I don’t.
But ultimately it’s my choice to live here.
So I gotta put up with it.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Back it up a minute there. Is this championship or league?

1 Like

Not if they want STATE funding.

I know it’s a bit of a bizarre concept for you to get your head around, but delineation between church and state, and avoiding the tyranny of the majority are bad not things to have. We, of all people, should know this giving our fucking history.

Will you get fucked with your Catholic hating. Do you also have issues with siblings getting preference, is this discrimination against a firstborn child of tax paying parents?
And what about those no. 21 on the list of 20 places, is this discrimination against children whose parents didn’t get the aplication in before 20 others?

Look it, this is a child’s education. It’s important. If you want to get into a Catholic school that is generally over subscribed the babtise the fucker and give him a chance. Leave you prejudice aside.
If not enroll him in one of those whacky etns jobs and risk him growing up a confused and unruly little shit with a chip on his shoulder.
Alternatively go somewhere rural where access to schools is not an issue and they will be glad to take empty atheist heathen children.

3 Likes

People are christened but I’d say about 60% would be closer to the number who consider themselves Catholic.

It’s a multi parish round robin championship.

But stevie wants to be cool and be anti church. So therefore no parishes, we’re just going to go with gingers vs brown haired lads instead.

Did you know that Tuesday was International Kiss a Ginger Day?

Well I know now.

Democracy does not include tyranny of the majority. That’s why we have a constitution, to protect us from the tyranny of the majority.
For fucks sake mate, was it ok for the Prods in the north to fuck over the Catholics because they were the majority?
Fucks sake.

Stevie needs to be strapped to a bed and get a visit from a young priest and an old priest. That will sort him.