The Celebrity Spotting Thread Part Four. Flatty needs more help 🐐

Who? Conor Whelan
Famous for? Carrying a full forward line whilst having three defenders hanging off him.
Where? 9am Salthill promenade.
Conor was strolling in the direction of blackrock unmolested and unrecognised until spotted by my goodself who was headed in the opposite one (town) on the motorbike.
Crikey, I thought to myself, I think that’s Conor Whelan, so I quickly performed an illegal U Turn. Proceeding behind him, whilst trying not to crash the bike, I wasn’t certain, so I u turned illegally a second time, and the GPA jacket confirmed my suspicion.
He is usually a nice shade of scarlet after running 15k with three lads holding his jersey, after poorly aimed ball leathered in his rough direction, so the more normal skin colouring threw me slightly.
Not wanting to forsake the opportunity I pulled the bike in.
“Conor” says I.
He looked slightly perplexed.
“I thought you played great on Sunday”
Conor then realised he wasn’t in danger of abuse from some roaster from ballindereen, and stopped for a pleasant chat.
I said it was a great game on Sunday.
“It was a bit too exciting for our liking” he said.
He’s taking it easy today before heading down to Wexford tomorrow.
I told him not to forget how the cnuts stitched them up three years ago.
Conor bade me a good day. I wished him the best of luck, and he continued his solitary walk in the direction of blackrock whilst I proceeded in the opposite direction.
Conor looks like he also had his hair cut by either himself or my darling wife.
All was well with the world.
The End.

17 Likes

Whelan>Canning

Is he fuck

1 Like

Ineligible. @Locke has a thread for this.

1 Like

What did poor auld Wexford do to you 3 years ago?

We’ve been nothing but obliging to Galway since 1996.

1 Like

You keep your chip beak out of this
Conor Whelan transcends the GAA

On mature reflection it may have been Dublin and Kk that stitched us up. Cnuts. I was watching it in the station with Claire and she said “I thought you were going to cry”.

I was in fact right.
It was Wexford and Kk stitched us up.
Yellow-bellied :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
I’m absolutely seething here.

5 years ago now, not 3. When we drew our way to a provincial title.

Kilkenny are on a drive for 5 Leinsters in a row now. The years sure go by fast.

5 in a row, and the cunts thinking they’re in a slump.

2 Likes

Not a spot

16 Likes

Conor was probably perplexed by this as Wexford and Galway didn’t even meet in the 2021 championship. Apparently it was Wexford’s fault in 2019 that Galway lost to a moderate enough Dublin team who were subsequently ambushed by Laois.

2 Likes

Me heart goes out to you

A rogue’s gallery of likes for that.

1 Like

I don’t know how you humour this shite

Delighted to give that the crucial 10th like.

Not a spot but potentially a barring order in the future

2 Likes

That’s the quorum for a D’Arcy.

This thread has been on a steady decline since the legendary Bill Murray spot. I actually think we should wind it up.

The next great spot might just be around the corner.
Who knows?