The Celebrity Spotting Thread Part Four. Flatty needs more help 🐐

I was reading about Frank Murray in the Pogues.

He took in all the money and basically decided when and how much to pay the band.

I don’t think he was the worst but that must have been rife for abuse.

1 Like

Gordon Mills robbed Gilbert O’Sullivan blind, O’Sullivan discovered after the first flush of his career. O’Sullivan had written Clair for Mills daughter.
U2s greatest bit of luck was appointing Paul McGuinness as their manager.

1 Like

Aren’t the royalties split five ways there?

Go on Gilbert.

1 Like

Didn’t they get rid of ossie Kilkenny for skullduggery?

I think Planxty were very unhappy that he took the rights to all their songs and they didn’t earn anything from their albums.

He also played South Africa during boycott times.

Scorn not his duplicity.

9 Likes

Who: Domhnall Gleeson
Famous for: acting, shitting in bottle
Where: Design Centre, Chelsea Harbour, London.
When: Friday morning
Other notes: Mr Gleeson looked tired as his wife lead the way to the Design Centre, I could only empathise as I had endured the same match some 2 hours prior. I have him a knowing head tilt which he countered with a resigned nod.

3 Likes

Spot.

He’s great craic

Who: Tom Dunne
Famous for: lead singer of Something Happens and Today FM DJ.
Where: DĂșn Laoghaire Dart station
When: This morning
Other notes: Tom boarded the same Dart as ourselves heading into town. He was dressed in a “Bohemian” outfit as the wife put it of boots, jeans, floral print shirt and blazer. He gave us a cordial nod before engrossing himself in a book called Living the Beatles Legend by Kenneth Womack making occasional marks with a yellow highlighter. We alighted at Grand Canal Dock and I gave Tom (who remained onboard) a farewell wink and got a slightly bemused look in return.

6 Likes

Tom was probably on his way to St Anne’s Park to open the Rewind festival with his band.

@Fagan_ODowd need a ruling on this as he may have been on his way to work

1 Like

The commute to and from work is fair game I thought? Sure Matt Cooper was seen on the Luas on a daily basis by @briantinnion years back

Whats the gaa celeb thread called these days lads?

Been there seen that done that

Bandage stole Brian Fenton’s y fronts off the washing line

Not a spot.

2 Likes

No?

Olympic silver medalist and World gold medalist Sonia O’Sullivan cycling at Dun Laoghaire this morning.

Other notes - she was being followed (also on a bike) by Rob Heffernan who is not being claimed.

4 Likes

Spot

1 Like