The Celebrity Spotting Thread Part Four. Flatty needs more help 🐐

brilliant

1 Like

Giving that lovely bit of news the magical #25.

Great news. He can leverage all the great parenting advice shared on here over the years.

Those photos of lovely pints of a Friday evening will be gone for a while

Thanks mate.

They’re already gone.

4 Likes

‘Minister for No Housing’ Darragh O’Brien at Lough Crew Visitor Centre outside Oldcastle, Co Meath.

The Minister was chatting cordially with staff in the centre. Promises of this and that being organised were forthcoming. The Minister wore a light blue shirt and smart navy chinos.

Not a spot.

1 Like

What even constitutes a spot if that doesn’t :rofl:
A top government minister in the back arse of nowhere.

Up your game son FFS

The game is stacked against us.

There’s about 3 reasons that’s not a spot

I’d say he was working, even if he was wearing chinos.

https://twitter.com/quiethandfilms/status/1672799108602396673?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

He must have been on some session last night, look at his eyes in the first photo​:rofl::rofl:

We received a wonderful text from crèche yesterday morning (cc @Phil_Leotardo) reminding us that the facility was closed today in line with the 2022-23 calendar which was circulated to parents & guardians last August! Thanks a fucking million for the timely reminder, I thought to myself, as I realised we’d have the children at home today while working.

So my life partner & I decided to take them to Tarbh (formerly The Pigeon House) for pancakes for lunch after plenty of screen time this morning. Tarbh isn’t really a patch on its predecessor. We were waiting around 40 minutes for our (distinctly average) food, despite the place being very quiet. Long gone are the days when the inside & outside seating areas would be buzzing on a Friday lunchtime & you might see Richie Boucher popping in after his morning tennis game or Lottie Ryan holding court in the corner.

We departed & decided to loop back to Dublin 5 via the coastal route & around by St Anne’s Park. It was when driving along the Clontarf Road at 1.30, just past that 360 Bicycle Shop & before Bay Restaurant, that I spotted former RTÉ political correspondent, David Davin-Power. He was standing on the footpath beside what appeared to be his car. He pointed his keys at the car & seemingly locked it & swung around adroitly as if to walk in a northerly direction. He was wearing brown shoes, navy slacks & a brown/rust colour sweater with a zip on the upper part (I can’t think of the name for this style). I drove on but I suspected he was meeting somebody in Bay for a late lunch to gorge over the RTÉ payments scandal.

8 Likes

Spot

1 Like

@Gary_Birtles_Lovechi it seems a top government minister isn’t a spot, but the guy who used to report on them is.

1 Like

It was a very soft award of a spot. I was flabbergasted

Why do you think @Bandage had to pad around it with inane stories about children’s pancakes?

7 Likes

@Bandage 's recollection of a celebrity encounter contains more superfluous asides than one of my wife’s work stories.

3 Likes