The Celebrity Spotting Thread Part Twee (or help Flatty identify the celeb he just spotted) (Part 1)

Live spot
Rte megastar Dave fanning
Context to follow, conversation being monitored
Hipster cafe
FRAncis st d8

4 Likes

Super spot. What coffee did you make him?

13 Likes

@Mullach_Ide would Mr Justice Peter Charleton be a spot?

Might be tempting fate but spot of the month! Photographic evidence a major plus point for you.

2 Likes

Context @Fagan_ODowd, whilst a member of the judiciary would be well known, I don’t think they warrant celebrity status.

Fanning sat with his back to the window, a brave move deep in kinahan heartland. he enjoyed a kenyan blend coffee while his 2 companions had milk based coffee. the trio were deep in conversation but unsurprisingly it was fanning who dominated the discussions. body language and tone suggested a degree of subservience from his female companion, his male companion just seemed a little slow.
the conversation was an animated discussion about a mutual acquaintance. i had ordered a take away coffee but did my best to prolong the administration of milk and sugar so as to ensure maximum TFK coverage of the conversation. I believe that the subject matter of their discussions was a Mr Desmond Cahill and their critique of his personality appeared to be scathing. while the DWTS show was not explicit mentioned, it appeared to me that an iniital mention of this show to which i was not privy triggered the conversation. fannings dulcid tones, so dominant on Irish airwaves for so long, filled the small cafe with a familiarity one only experiences with enduring household names. however it was interesting to hear his distinctive voice peppered with the blue language more usually associated with those who work in the nautical arena.
the snippets of converation i was able to pick up referred to the party who was not present as ‘gobshite’ and also ‘gombeen of the highest order’, fannings female colleage may have used the term ‘creep’ to which fanning guffawed.
at this point i made my exit, glancing over at fanning as i went towards the door, in a brief moment of eye contact we both knew that between us we had an encyclopedic knowledge of music and a passion for the analysis of musical sub cultures, however he had the sullen defeated look of a man who made his way through life with his tongue too firmly inserted in the rear end of Paul ‘bono’ hewson.

31 Likes

Now that is one of the finest posts ever.
:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Nicky Byrne
Tallaght Stadium

All round good guy Nicky bringing his kids to the hoops

1 Like

We know that’s a lie as there’s not a chance you were at a Hoops game

2 Likes

Good one hook nose

I can confirm this spot and also attest to the star struck trance celeb spotter entered into immediately afterwards

SPOT, well done.

1 Like

Ireland’s greatest: Robbie Keane
Gibneys Emporium Malahide, Friday March 3rd 11.54pm appox.

Robbie was drinking what I can only assume was G&T from a stem glass and seemed to be in good form.

He was wearing a leather bomber hoodie with sweats and was sockless in his trainers, a bit underdressed for a Friday night in leafy Malahide but I won’t dwell on that.

***** SPOT OF THE MONTH, well done.

3 Likes

He was wearing a tracksuit pants and runners in the pub? One would get the impression that Malahide was on par with Marbella sometimes the way lads would be eulogising about it

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be malahide 's greatest fan but you do sound very bitter here Gil.

3 Likes

A leather hoodie?
Sounds like he was dressed like the executioner in shrek.

1 Like

More like Malia

1 Like

Just baffled pal

Which lads buddy?