The Celebrity Spotting Thread Part Twee (or help Flatty identify the celeb he just spotted) (Part 1)

Yes, I’m thinking of bumping Fagan’s like-whore thread.

Who?

I spotted Barry Murphy of Apres Match fame getting up from his Aviva Stadium premium level seat and making his way inside during the first half of Ireland-Slovakia here. He was wearing a long black jacket and his hair has become very grey at the sides. Ireland scored two penalties before he returned sheepishly to his seat some 7 minutes later.

I’ll grudgingly give it. Because you are posting it live just pushed it over the line.

3 Likes

Not a spot.

2 Likes

@Smark

Who: Garry Monk
Famous For: ex player & manager of Swansea
Where: Cheltenham Racecourse entrance on the Tuesday of the festival.
Attire: A dark pants and jumper combo. Smart but fairly conservative.
Mood: Jovial. He was with a group of lads and they looked set for a good day out.

Who: Dermot Desmond
Famous For: being rich
Where: Club enclosure Cheltenham
Attire: Long jacket
Demeanour: Business like
Other info: Dermot was hurriedly rushing past the steps of tge club enclosure no doubt on his way to a corporate box.

Who: Garry “The Voice” O’Brien
Famous For: being friends with @thedancingbaby
Where: various locations around Cheltenham but primarily in the Cottage Rake Bar
Attire: long jacket and a hefty pair of binoculars.
Demeanour: pretty serious. Was not as Jovial as other members of his party.

1 Like

Sorry, none of those are allowed. You should have posted them within ten days of your spot(s) and i’d have gladly rubber stamped them all. You went to a lot of effort for nothing there in writing those up, so let this be a lesson to be more prompt in future.

2 Likes

Use your discretion. They are 3 top quality spots. There is a dispensation for spots which occur abroad.

The first 2 are top top spots. :clap:

The third is not a spot

who is Garry Monk?

Sorry, my hands are tied. You need to be quicker in future. There would be uproar if i let these through.

3 Likes

Next on Christy’s hit list

2 Likes

After all the campaigning I did to get you this position. I feel betrayed.

There was also a near miss of Tim Sherwood.

Who?

He’s “The Hutch”.

2 Likes

England is not abroad.

FYI information: Barry left after 87 minutes and was in cheery mood as he departed.

I also spotted Ruairi Quinn (Ringsend Road - 6pm) and Fair City’s Deco Bishop (Aviva Stadium - 8.40pm) today but I won’t formally record them.

If any of the Muldoons on here were wondering what that was. That was the sound of the bottom of the barrel being scraped.

9 Likes

FAO of @Bandage: I really like what you did there.

I just amended the thread title. Hope it’s not too subtle.

2 Likes