The Celebrity Spotting Thread Part Twee (or help Flatty identify the celeb he just spotted) (Part 1)

LIVE SPOT:

Emerging from the ground floor bathroom in London City Airport terminal as I was making my into itā€¦

ā€¦Veteran football and boxing commentator, sideline/ringside reporter and presenter Paul Dempsey.

Paul was wearing jeans and jumper combo and was carrying a manā€™s bag. He looked fairly shook - either tired, battling a cold or maybe even drunk.

I abandoned my bathroom visit to instead turn around and see where he went.

Heā€™s just gone into Pret A Manger.

3 Likes

LIVE SPOT

David Breenā€™s girlfriend Una Healy at the boarding gates in London City Airport.

Not getting on this flight but wandering around, possibly looking for a bathroom or coffee shop option.

1 Like

You should direct her to Pret A Manger man

2 Likes

I forgot to log my spot of RTE newsreader Eileen Dunne in St Anneā€™s Park last Saturday morning. Eileen was sporting a tracksuit and appeared to be out for a walk. She had no human or animal companion.

Thatā€™s not airside, unfortunately.

That wine bar airside in City Airport must be a veritable Dā€™Arcy of cunts on a Friday evening.

1 Like

That gay Welsh rugby fella looking philosophical in Butlers T1 right now. He has finished his cappuccino so may not be in situ much longer. I am a busy man so I got my cappuccino to go.

Could you narrow it down a wee bit?

3 Likes

I was told in the office his name is Gareth Thomas.

Heā€™s not gay, itā€™s just the Welsh accent that makes people think thatā€¦

1 Like

What free chocolate did you go for?

A dark salted caramel

2 Likes

A safe pair of hands of a chocolate.

Not a spot

The sword has swung

Not a spot.

The sword has swung

Thatā€™s a spot

The sword has swung

Thatā€™s a spot

The sword has swung.

Not a spot

The sword has swung

1 Like

And to drag this thread right back on track
Who Ole gunner solskjaer
Famous for stealing a living
When just there this morning
Where: as I was leaving cafe nero alderley edge after a nice large extra hot single shot cappucino served in my greggs beaker as usual, who should be wandering in only Ole.
He was driving a grey nondescript volvo 4x4, possibly a t8, and I donā€™t think diesel, on a 19 plate, a very run of the mill unshowy car as befits the demeanour.
I nodded at him as we passed, and he smiled and nodded back. He was wearing a black wool type sweater with grey fara-ish shlax.
He was fairly small and keeps himself in trim. He looked tired. I didnā€™t quite see his demeanour at the counter, but Iā€™ve no reason to think that the ladies serving him would ever have guessed he was the current man utd manager given his pleasant and humble appearance.
I like him more than I did when I got up this morning.

33 Likes

They were away from home in Europe last night. A shortish hop back from Belgium and they had the earlier 5.55pm kick off time. But I dare say he wouldnā€™t have been home until quite late after fulfilling post match media commitments, traveling to the airport etc and that would likely explain his tired demeanour.

1 Like