The Celebrity Spotting Thread Part Twee (or help Flatty identify the celeb he just spotted) (Part 1)

ODowd verified my Tommy Martin spot in March so precedent had been established.

When we look back we’ll probably say that was the moment he started down the mountain.

Who’s Tommy Martin?

1 Like

A celeb and all round good guy

@padjo swing that axe quick ffs.

Tommy’s good people

Who : Tom Bailey , fast medium bowler and current mainstay of Lancashire county cricket club bowling lineup.
Where? Yesterday evening, Costa coffee Wilmslow.
Tom was beside me in the queue. There was one tired barista who was arguably intentionally slow, so we fell to talking. A tall, softly spoken but extremely healthy looking specimen, he was limping slightly as he told me he had played 4 games in close succession and bowled 200 overs. For reference he said the fast bowlers would usually bowl about six overs a day in training. He loved his job, and said he was living his dream. The sort of English person would make you realise that a decent English person is very decent indeed.
I had a very enjoyable conversation spanning the mechanics of fast bowling and career longevity.
I was disappointed when we got to the front of the queue.
I’d say he was delighted.

13 Likes

never heard of him but great description of the interaction

7 Likes

Thanks mate.

Almost like being there

Who: Deirdre O’Kane
Actress, Comedian, Chat Show host, narrator of Gogglebox, perennial in TfK aul ones i would shag thread

Where: Dunnes Stores Cornelscourt Dublin 18

When : Yesterday about 7.30pm

Conditions - sunny but cold for May

Wearing - Black short puffa jacket, blue jeans to top of ankle and nice box fresh white runners

Accompanied - looked to be by a teenage son

Masked - no it was outside

Comments - like a lot of celebrities she’s shorter than one would imagine. She’s an attractive woman and well kept for a woman in her early fifties.

Chat - none.

Interaction - none.

You needn’t worry about the spot award, it’s gained the imprimatur of the man from An Bórd Rothar.

1 Like

Not a spot.

3 Likes

Spot.

1 Like

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy - what about this global warming?

As Gandhi said it will be nice when it happens.

Who? Elinor Kirk
Where? Macclesfield just there now.
Famous for? Welsh International marathon runner
Chances of spot? 1/10

1 Like

Zero actually. Not a spot.

11 Likes

Didn’t even know Wales had their own international marathon athletes.

1 Like

2.34 in Valencia :flushed: