The Celebrity Spotting Thread Part Twee (or help Flatty identify the celeb he just spotted) (Part 1)

Spot

On the Ennis Road yesterday.

3 Likes

How is that a spot ? heā€™s on the same level as Niall Boylan who I passed several times in swords shopping centre.
Saw PJ Gallagher trying on tackies in Size once but was not fussed enough to class him as a celeb.
I should have logged Daniel Lanois browsing the Brown Thomas window instead

The Puerto Banus of the north

1 Like

@Fagan_ODowd has a very complex algorithm that is deployed when assigning a spot. PJ Gallagher is streets ahead of Niall Boylan, heā€™s been on TV over 15 years. Niall Boylan is a niche very minor celebrity.

True enough.

Who? Paul Stretford, football super agent famous for Wayne Rooney and all sorts of other shenanigans.
Where? Bizarrely at a table outside McDonalds in Congleton.
Interaction.
I was sitting having a coffee outside in between showers at lunchtime yesterday, when a confident looking middle aged man asked if anyone else was sitting at the table (the other two were one occupied and one filthy)
I said he was welcome, and as he and I sipped our coffee, he asked had I watched the football. I said I had. He said he was still tired after it. He seemed happy to converse, so I opined that I still couldnā€™t understand how Southgate thought sending three young lads out to take the penalties was a good idea. He sort of shrugged, so I went on to say that really you needed the type of lad like grealish and walker whoā€™d get hookers out in the lockdown to be taking them.
Another shrug.
One of his three (3) phones rang. He ignored it.
He then said heā€™d been at Wembley for the game. I asked him how he got a ticket. He said he was an agent to a couple of players.
Oh right I said. Anyone famous.
He shrugged again.
Our conversation petered out.
Another phone rang which he answered as ā€œPaul Stretford speakingā€
I googled him last night. It was indeed him. He has a bit of a beard and moustache now.
I did notice he had a picture of a young lass as his screensaver, presumably a daughter or somesuch.
He seemed a benign and pleasant type given his reputation. He bid me a hearty farewell and held out his hand for a fist bump and telling me to enjoy the rest of my day.
How odd.
I can only presume he must live around there otherwise why would you ?

39 Likes

Who?

I donā€™t think that will be classed as a spot but Iā€™m giving it a like for the quality of the interaction

1 Like

Not a spot and a very strange interaction.
But well told.

Fuck sake mate you could have sorted Celtics transfer woes

Probably not wise to extol the virtues of footballers getting hookers with the lad whoā€™s had to keep Wayne Rooney off the front pages for 20 years.

2 Likes

Exactly mate. I reflected on this afterwards.
What were the chances of that though ?

A total ride that one.

she has a weird look in her eye

As the likes hit 27 on this post we wait for the master Oā€™Dowd to speak.

Maybe she was off her meds like in homeland.

Fagan canā€™t and wonā€™t allow public opinion determine the award, or not, of the spot.

A forum holds itā€™s breath!

Thatā€™s a spot

The sword has swung

2 Likes