The Celtic Phoenix - A thread to list the economic miracles of Michael Noonan & Fine Gael

the problem with NAMA is that they got people who had worked in the banks to work for them

these people are idiots that destroyed the economy

A lot went to private funds I believe - how anybody would hire them after continually fucking up is beyond me

3 Likes

I know a few lads who were made redundant from Anglo (with generous redundancies) and were hired immediately by IBRC to manage the wind down of the books of bad loans they had handed out a few years earlier in Anglo. :sweat_smile:

The level of potential corruption and abuse of power that the Irish public will happily tolerate is remarkable. Even when people in positions of trust are openly caught being casual with the truth, the wheel just turns.

1 Like

A nation of chancers pal, we get what we deserve.

Unemployment down to its lowest level since 2008. Or two oh eight, if you will.

He’s a statesman. History will judge him kindly. He has done the state some service.

He should mug off Simple Simon and Leo the lizard by throwing his hat into the leadership race for the craic. Top job for a few months and then step down as he heads off into the sunset just as he calls the next election.

Will it fuck.

Anyway the kudos for the unemployment drop goes to the minister for jobs, enterprise & innovation. Bravo Mary Mitchell O’Connor

3 Likes

An excellent summary and a very clear insight into how politics (on both sides of the Dail) works in Ireland.

:clap: the real brains of the operation.

1 Like

Unemployment at its lowest levels since 2008 but all the main taxes missed their targets in the first quarter.

It’s easy to spot the social class divide here, Noonans cheerleaders are delighted with him, aye, easily bought with an extra €5 a week in their dole.
Meanwhile the middle classes and high earners are screwed to the wall by the baldy cunt and his taxes.

The Fianna Fail lads are seething.

2 Likes

This needs to be explained but I guess we will see more of the ‘oh look, a flying pig’ approach

The RTE Six One News report on the financial settlement for the victim in the “Grace” abuse case was quite unusual there. It mentioned the woman being left with the abusive foster family for many years after concerns were initially raised in the wake of representations being made to the “then Minister for Health”. It didn’t specifically name Michael Noonan who was the Minister in question.

6 Likes

I hear today that when Enda goes, Michael goes. Good riddance.

3 Likes

What leper will they promote to finance?

@The_Most_Infamous You forgot to say fake news here kid

Enda securing the country’s future yet again, he will leave a tremendous legacy.

Tell that to Grace.

1 Like

That would seem an inconsiderate thing to do.