The Celtic Phoenix - A thread to list the economic miracles of Michael Noonan & Fine Gael

You know thereā€™s real venom in it when a post starts with "Labane ā€¦ " or whatever username.
Itā€™s just a pity the actual topic is soul destroying to read about.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry I couldnā€™t go to the trouble with your banking question.

Never apologise on here mate

Nobody said Apple donā€™t pay tax. However, I will concede as hopefully youā€™re time is as precious as mine, and life is too short, etc. I think we both agree Apple do everything possible to minimize their tax bill, and go to the edge of what GAAP allows.

Your 20 - 40% effective tax rate though is nonsense, youā€™re just lumping in expenses (which they get to deduct anyway before income tax) and calling them taxes.

I do think a very significant portion of what they actually pay in taxes is CA, but couldnā€™t be arsed researching it further. CA tax rules are very different to federal, total income from all geographies is considered, and then appropriated to CA based on where employees, property, etc are located, and we know a very significant amount is in CA. CA tax is then deducted as an operating expense, so it reduces federal tax liability.

What? Tax is tax. You are shifting the goalposts to suit yourself, I made it clear from the start I included all the taxes they paid. The 20-40% comes from the difference between total provisions and what is actually paid.

You canā€™t come in and just change someoneā€™s statement and debate away on your own terms.

I love how youā€™ve know accepted the cash flows are not a lie and are claiming they are something else and just couldnā€™t be bothered to look. :smile:

Your original claim was that their effective tax rate was 20%-40%. Are you revising down to the lower end of that scale?

Are any of you people actually important in real life? I am donā€™t know of anyone on here who is.

@briantinnion is close but no cigar.

1 Like

Iā€™m a decision maker

I have never achieved anything of note in my life nor do I expect to.

4 Likes

Are you an influencer ?

No. Read the original post.

Define important ??

I am not. No one listens to me.

Iā€™m a big wheel down at the cracker factory

are you involved in any processes?

Iā€™m a ballsy guy

1 Like

I popped out to Donnybrook Fair on Saturday morning to grab the paper and some bread. Within the space of 60 seconds I saw two 171 Aston Martin Vanquishes on Morehampton Road. Great to see.

2 Likes

Baby astons.

Pretend Astons