The Championship thread

I’ve lost count of the amount of times Forest have drawn 1-1 this season. Their unbeaten in 8 now but only 2 of those games have been victories, fairly annoying to be honest. Keano’s shower conceded very late in the game again to lose 1-0 to Ipswich

Eh??

Reading even.
Simon Church with the goal in the 88th minute

Gordon Strachan must surely be on the verge of getting the boot by Middlesboro. Another defeat today and they’re languishing down near the bottom of the championship. He’s been there a year now and he took over from Southgate, who was sacked when they were fourth in the division.

Not Strachans fault his team were beaten by a wonder strike from an Argentine magician. The ginger tosser is a bluffer though.

Leeds, Leeds, Super Super Leeds

MOT

Aaron Ramsey is joining Forest until January

Roy Keane is about to fall to his sixth league defeat in a row as manager of Roy Keane’s Ipswich Town. They were leading Swansea 1-0 but it’s now 3-1 to the visitors. Craig Beattie scored two for Swansea, including a magnificent Matt Le Tissier like clinching goal. He sure never did that for Celtic. Antrim man Brendan Rodgers is doing a cracking job at Swansea.

Luciano Becchio, the best Striker outside of the EPL* :clap:

*apart from Craig Bellamy

Boo fucking ya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHjx5UoaSq0

Howson and Becchio are a class above in this division.

saw the highlights last night, i have been singing Howson’s praises for a while now, surprised to see he hasn’t snapped up by a premier league side, he is still only around 21/22, will be an england international in a few years

Ever since he single handedly dragged Leeds back into the playoff semi-final away to Brighton a few years ago he’s been on the up. A serious “box to box” midfielder and gets through a huge amount of work in every game. Becchio seems to have a new lease of life since Beckford left. I wonder if they got promoted would Beckford have any interest in coming back.

Super Leeds United leading QPR 1-0 in today’s top two clash.

2-0 to Super Leeds

Gradel with both goals

MOT

Super run of form. Huge chance of going up now. Squad is still lacking a bit of depth though.

Ipswich 3-0 up against Leicester City at H/T. Match being played in a snow storm…

Shane Long scores a brace including a late winner for Reading :clap:

I hope Mick McCarthy is watching this and laughing his head off. :smiley:

KING BILLY, WE LOVE YOU

http://www.alexottway.com/images/5-2-1600.jpg

Yet more proof as if it was needed that Auld Whiskey Nose is a prize cunt

Puke - how do you assess how we’ve done so far this season? I wasn’t expecting us to be this high up the table at the start of the season but can’t help but be disappointed with how we’ve thrown away leads in the last 2 games and thrown away 4 points. Saying that, I would have been happy to consolidate in the Championship and look to push for promotion next year. Becchio has signed on and as long as we can keep Howson and Snodgrass for next season I’d be happy to lose in the playoffs and then walk through the league at ease next year.

I was actually going to back them to make the play offs at the start of the season but they were around 7/2 or there abouts and was hoping for closer to 8/1…They are a team that is probably better than the sum of their parts, the likes of Howson, Gradel, Watt and Snodgrass have a touch of class but there are aa good few journeymen but Grayson looks to be a fine manager and has them working very hard…They will make the playoffs alright but if they were to go up I think they would struggle big time even with a lot of investment