The Championship thread

Cool as fuck. Ireland’s Shane Long folks.

Nicely taken penalty - like his slow run up. Mother of God the more you look at the incident the more stupid the defender looks. He was hanging out of him.

Long’s run up is fairly unique. I’ve seen him run up at that slow pace and strange angle and still wrap his instep around it and drill it to the keeper’s right on occasion too. That’s probably much harder to do than opening his body and sidefooting it to the goalie’s left like tonight but fairly cool either way.

Swansea and Reading do! :slight_smile:

bglendenning Barry Glendenning
But, as far as i know, shane long was born in Tipperary. Thats a huge millstone for any man to have around his neck.

:lol:

I presume it’s a response to the ruling that you can’t break your run up anymore. Still gives you a chance to read the goalkeeper and it also puts that doubt into the keeper’s mind because he doesn’t know how many steps he’s taking before planting his left foot etc. I’m a fan of it.

Tipperary’s Shane Long :clap: :clap:

Bandage mate, I believe I called that Long would come into great goalscoring form at the beginning of the season and prove himself to be a very adept player on the cuddleboard - to much derision. I would greatly appreciate if you could find that post for me and bump it and show those football ignorant zombies who knows what. I would assume it was sometime around (Sep-Nov 2010). Thank you.

Our inspirational leader in the stand watching on. :clap:

Celtic’s imminent Bosman signing Adam Matthews has come on for Cardiff. Dave Jones swallowing his pride and admitting he needs to use him, unlike Billy Davies at Forest who completely froze Kelvin Wilson out when he signed a pre-contract in January. As an aside, I wasn’t at all impressed with that Chambers guy last night that was on about declaring for Ireland.

Neil Lennon keeping tabs on Shane Long?

Lets hope so.

He certainly won’t be signed by a bigger club but the piss poor standard and sectarian nature of the scottish league will probably lead to him joining an English club I’d say.

Cardiff fans, classy as ever…

I await the apologies from Rocko, Clarkey and Farmer. Imagine Reading had kept winning and missed out on automatic promotion by a point. They never would have recovered for the play-offs. Look at them tonight! Look at them now! Yes, it was clear that a couple of reversals and a chance to ease off mentally before refocusing was more beneficial. I was right. I’m always right.

Fair play to you Bandage, always the bigger man.

Jay Tabb on now. He’s Irish, isn’t he?

you’d have to feel sorry for Dave Jones

Cardiff City, always the bridesmaids and never the bride…