The Chelsea supporters thread

There can only be one winner. If Conte failed to win a trophy after 3/4 attempts I would probably review his tenure as a failure but he was managing a group of players who not much was expected of.

1 Like

So he failed with a team that has a track record and tradition of winning big competitions?
Iā€™m getting a little bit fed up now when you refuse to refer to your double standards !

@Nembo_Kid has ran the line for a long time now that the only criteria a manager should be measured on in a job is winning a silverware. If he doesnā€™t, heā€™s automatically written off as a failure. Another line he always trots out is you can never bring injuries or absentees into it. Heā€™s badly boxed in here now by a very elementary blunder he made late last night. Conte failed to deliver the silverware as manager of Italy at the 2016 European Championships. Applying @Nembo_Kid standards and consistency, that automatically makes him a failure in the Italy job. In justifying what by @Nembo_Kid standards was failure in the Italy job, one of the excuses he trotted out was the alleged absence of 4/5 midfielders.

I donā€™t see Conteā€™s tenure with Italy a failure, not much was expected of the group of players he had at his disposal.

You view Pochettinoā€™s tenure with Tottenham as a failure though.

Until he wins something, yes.

Spurs have failed in 13 attempts at a trophy over 4 years now. I doubt they will capture the EPL or UCL thus year which makes the FA Cup his biggest chancr, a trophy whose value has been severely diminished over the past number of years.

Just like Conte, applying your criteria, was a failure as Italy manager.

This is pochs tenth season as a manger. Heā€™s won no trophies. In mourinhos tenth season as manager heā€™d won leagues in 3 countries, two Europeans cups and a host of other domestic trophies.

2 Likes

Good point mate, only heā€™s not the manager of Chelsea and most of those trophies were easy won.

You decided yesterday no evidence bar anecdotal was required for rebuttals on TFK. The audit trail doesnt lie

Youā€™re very needy about your beloved Man U. Do you feel left out when theyā€™re not the centrepiece of every discussion? On the Spurs thread last night, in the immediate aftermath of the win over Real Madrid, you were droning on about the Man U match last Saturday. In a discussion on the Chelsea thread here now on their manager Antonio Conte, you wade in talking about the Man U manager. Bizarre.

I did not.

Is it easy take over teams that finished 7th and 10th in the league the previous season and win league titles with them?

How are Everton and West Brom getting on this year? Should be fighting for the title I presume?

Iā€™m lost now, which clubs are comparable to West Brom and Everton?

@Nembo_Kid preaching about lost perspective an hour ago. Now he has Chelsea on a par with West Bromwich Albion.

Chelsea finished 10th the year before Conte took over and won the league the following season. You said it was easy to win a title with Chelsea. West Brom finished 10th last season. How are they getting on?

Juventus finished 7th season before Conte took them over. They won the title the following season. You said his titles with Juve were easy. Everton finished 7th last season. How are Everton getting on this year?

Chelsea and Juve do?
Youā€™re a ticket mate :grinning:

Are you going to address your bullshit?

Chelsea and Juventus are the equivalent of WBA and Everton :rofl: Thatā€™s wonderful mate, top debating :rofl:

What bullshit? You havenā€™t addressed the double standards issue which is my only reason for being on this thread today

West Brom and Everton :rofl:

Well theyā€™re the equivalent of what Conte took over and won a league with