The Citizens of Cavan and Fermanagh Thread, including Quinns

+1

They are probably cooking him up a nice fry in the morning and steak or lobster in the evening then.

the other high profile bankrupts were taken down by NAMA who definitely seem a lot more lenient in terms of chasing assets than IRBC in the quinn case.
then again if any of them had moved half a billions worth then we might have seen a different NAMA.
others like john fleming who was the first high profile to go to the uk just turned the letters of his home town Bandon in reverse and traded away over there.
he obviously left most of what he had behind and kept enough to start afresh and nobody seems to give a shit.

thats the thing about these quinn fuckers though.
they could easily have hidden a few mill., 10/20 mill even given the scale of it all and gotten away with it. and im sure they will still have access to plenty when all this is done and dusted and they have done their time but their sense of entitlement to the value of half a billion is astonishing and its that pure horrible greed and sense of entitlement that has cornered them really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQhBfRDd6GM

[quote=“The Dunph, post: 719053”]

+1

They are probably cooking him up a nice fry in the morning and steak or lobster in the evening then.[/quote]
I would be surprised if this was the case.

I’m still amazed that seemingly intelligent individuals like Colm O’Rourke and Mickey Harte will come out and defend the Quinn’s for their own greed and incompetence.

Cmon mate.

Colm is like a mini Quinn himself. No wonder he doffs his cap to the ‘chief’.

I know I know…

Colm has his cushy gig in the school, job for life, hefty pension so just a bit surprised that he would immerse himself in defending the likes of the Quinns when surely he’d see for himself at his place of work families struggling with not a pot to piss in at the moment.

o’rourke is a failed property developer himself, i believe he owes a few institutions a small fortune that he cannot repay on a school principles package alone.

mickey harte is also a failed business man, was in auctioneering during the boom so you can see the pattern here.

Tony Davis also part of this gang

Edit - and Joe Kernan

Pity some media type with balls won’t interview one of those cunts and question them re their agendas

What’s the angle to Fr Brian D’arcy’s support? Just more media exposure?

he has been living off scraps since the pope put the clamps on him alright

?

Harte, yes is intelligent but is a dangerous, attention seeking, evangelical cunt who clearly has a vested interest here

i have no clue why you think O"Rourke is intelligent, he comes across as just bitter anytime ive lsitened to him talk or read his articles and in general someone whose opinion is completely irrelevant

The slack jawed yokels on the news there blocking the roads in Fermanagh and Cavan today!

The citizens of Cavan/Fermanagh upping the ante it seems. I wonder will the Chieftain be released if they keep burning property to the ground?
It may be north of the border lads but its us folks down south who have to pay for the damage you are doing, you complete and utter stupid fucking cunts.
Former Sean Quinn business damaged in arson attack

A wind farm formerly owned by Sean Quinn’s family has been targeted by arsonists.
Police said an electrical substation at the property on Ballyconnell Road in Derrylin, Co Fermanagh, was set alight yesterday evening.
No one was injured but the fire caused substantial damage.
The wind farm is one of a number of businesses in the area once run by the Quinn family that were placed into administration after the tycoon went bust.
A PSNI spokeswoman said: “At this stage, police believe the fire was started deliberately.”
Workers at Quinn Group factories in the area staged a one-day walkout on Monday following the jailing of Quinn last week.
Protesters used tractors and other agricultural vehicles to block the entrances of the cement and glass plants in Derrylin and just across the border in Ballyconnell, Co Cavan.
They called for immediate mediation between the former Anglo Irish Bank and the Quinn family over the long-running debt row that culminated with the imprisonment of the fallen tycoon last Friday.
Protesters have demanded Quinn’s release while the talks take place
The 66-year-old was jailed in Dublin’s High Court over a multimillion-euro asset-stripping plot.
He was sentenced to nine weeks for contempt of court for his part in putting the Quinn family’s €500 million international property portfolio out of the reach of Anglo, now rebranded as Irish Bank Resolution Corporation (IBRC), and a subsequent failure to retrieve the money.
The IBRC claims the broke businessman owes it a total of €2.8 billion after running up unprecedented losses through secret stock investments in Anglo as its share price collapsed.
The family admit they owe €455 million but have refused the claims on the rest and have taken a counter-case against the IBRC over a loans deal.
PA

• David Young
    independant.ie

Thickest shower of fuckers going are this crowd.

Burning & blockading themselves out of work, all for a gambling wanker who doesn’t want to see the pot on a failed bet. :rolleyes:

Fuck them and all belonged to them :mad: :shakefist: :shakefist:

Who do these delusional fucks think they are? :lol:

They haven’t gone away you know.

True, was he the bagman?