The Clare Roasters thread

Sad day for Ennis and Clare

The very short lived Parteen -Meelick rugby team.

Lapsed poster chocolatemice will be seething as i’m pretty sure that’s his great- great grand father on the extreme right in the hat.

3 Likes

The mices are some men to hop county lines

why are you putting a picture of Limerick rubby team on a Clare thread?

I believe they held a small 4 acre farm roughly where the church in Parteen is up until around the 1930s… We must remember that the Kingdom of Thomond transcends modern county boundaries and his people were very much Dal Cassians.

1 Like

Parteen and Meelick are still in county Clare, despite what some of the vested interests want.

They are indeed. They’ve both seen a huge influx of Limerick families but remain in An Clar.

they have it bad in Clare. if they go down as far as Ennis in u-14 hurling matches, they are told to fuck off back to stab city, by their own.

Played rugby and wore a bowler hat. Thankfully he left the sash and lambeg drum at home.

No, he wasnt playing. He was the coach.

Pat Clear in the middle row looks like a man would take your life.

You’re a corbally man?

I’m not no. I’m from the City. I went to school in Sextons with a good few lads from Parteen/Clonlara.

1 Like

19 Likes

lock the thread

1 Like

Hmmm

You’re some pain in the bollix.

:smile:

Isn’t that the security chap from Semple Stadium? I’ve a vague recollection of him separating Brian Cody and Liam Sheedy a few years ago, and shepherding some referee off the pitch.

1 Like

Assume he is a Munster council operations man. He was sent down by the fourth official to hunt the teams out of the dressing room at half time as well

1 Like