The Clash, Greatest Rock Band Ever?

I think he is affronted by their urban roots…

Is Fagan not a Townie himself?

I bought this record in 1977. Listened to it once, put it away and never played it again.

A great album to listen to when off your head on larger. Reminds me of living in chicago and being in the pub at at 9 in the morning watching epl games…you would swear you wouldnt go near beer but by the time the barman would serve youd a thirst on…off your head by 1pm and ready to fight the world. Fall home and belt out the clash, text some young wan for a meet up, pass out, wake up around 7 and see youve arranged to meet the cunt you swore you wouldnt go near again as she kept talking during sex and wanting to know how good her pussy felt. great days. Up the Clash.

:eek:

Might have been an opportune time to trot out a “not as good as your sisters” or “almost as good as your ass is going to feel by the time I’m finished with you” line.

2 Likes

Might be time to fly the coop glas. This day was always going to come. Embrace it.

Fashionable to like them.

Daycent alright.

Pearl-jam suck

Straight to hell on vinyl there full blast… Unreal. Unfuckingreal.

2 Likes

Let me tell you 'bout your blood, bamboo kid. It ain’t coca cola, it’s rice.

1 Like

I liked the Clash but the title is absurd . Motörhead are the greatest rock band ever .

1 Like

Steamer.

Go shit in your hat

Pretend punks

1 Like

As many of the Brit “punks” were. A bunch of art school middle class kids.

In saying that, the clash were fucking great in my opinion.

They just copied these people
https://youtu.be/TYh1lRR1m6Y

And got nice clothes

Not in the slightest - Punk isn’t just a genre from the late 70s, it’s always been about. The Kinks were punk, Kendrick Lamar is punk, Nirvana were punk, Bob Marely was punk, the Specials were punk…

The beauty of the Clash is they didn’t sit still and embraced many styles and influences - The Pistols were put together and made all the noise but they only had one string to their bow.