The Conor McGregor Club Sponsored By Fossett's 🐐

Unbelievable dogfight…thought Diaz edged it personally…

Fair fucks to Conor though…fantastic fight.

1 Like

2nd was the swing round. Conor won the majority of it but there was a huge momentum swing right at the end. 3-2 Conor is probably fair enough.

Great fight. The leg kicks and the heavy cardio focus in his camp kept Conor alive. He looked a dead man walking at the end of the 3rd. Nate should have came out with everything he had in the first minute of the 4th. Instead he gave Conor the space to get his legs back and it cost him the fight.

What a war though. Nate’s resilience is unbelievable.

4 Likes

I thought Diaz was the aggressor and landed far more shots overall…and could well have finished him on the ground in the end had the bell not gone…

Wouldn’t take away from McGregor though…showed serious heart…and did himself and the country proud.

I’ve rarely seen a fighter look as done as he looked after the third. Could barely walk back to his corner. Slumped on the stool with his head down. But Nate obviously didn’t have the energy to kill him off at the beginning of the 4th. All the roadwork paid off for Conor.

Great fight IQ by Conor.all the hard work paid off

2 Likes

I thought it was all over at the end of the 3rd…McGregor was goosed altogether.

The consistent powerful leg kicks…did a lot of damage to Diaz…but he should have went for it at the start of the 4th…

Will there be a 3rd a fight?

Watching now. Will score round to round. Hard to do knowing result. But will try.

Rd.1 - Clearly McGregor 10-9
Rd. 2 - Draw. Who the fuck said this was clear? Easily arguably either way. 9-9
Rd. 3 - Diaz, but not a 10-8. Very much short memories there. Diaz looked dominant in last 15 secs, but up to that i would have said draw. 9-10
Rd. 4 - McGregor. Not completely dominant but the better shots 10-9
Rd. 5 - Diaz, but not by that much either. 9-10

In rounds that makes it a draw. However overall i think McGregor deserves the win. Had good defence against take down attempts and had the knock downs.

4 Likes

Will definitely be a 3rd. No bigger money fight out there for Nate. But surely Conor needs to either defend or ditch the featherweight belt first?

I was sure he was finished at the end of the 3rd as well. Looked like he might even have been stopped on his stool. He survived though, whereas in the first fight he was swept away when the momentum swung to Nate.

Seems kind of crazy now that he never focused on leg kicks the first time. Such an obvious strategy to use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0_YSkDcUf4

1 Like

Good fight. If it went on another twenty seconds McGregor was fucked.

In fairness in the first fight he was focused on a different opponent up until 11 days before it and wasn’t prepared properly for Diaz and probably was over confident after the Aldo KO in 13 seconds…I’m going to watch it back again in awhile…was some fight.

Swings and roundabouts for Irish sport this week, pal. Thomas Barr needed a few extra yards or seconds but McGregor was grateful for the finishing line. Heroes both though.

1 Like

You’ve a lovely way about you with analogies, pal.

McGregor will take him inside 2 rounds at 155.

Diaz landed more shots lad.

McGregor won the fight 3 rounds to 2.

…and yet Diaz landed more shots. You can’t falsify the stats mate.

+1.

Yeah, he landed the majority of them in the two rounds he won. Conor won the other three rounds with less shots. It’s simple really.

I’ve no idea what you are arguing about lad. I merely said Diaz landed more punches. Gilgamboa stated otherwise, I corrected him.