The continued demise of what we grew up calling the UK

Ah there will. But it would be a pleasure to see the cunts squirm.

I’d imagine you might see money being siphoned out of London.

Itll be interesting to see what the Unionists do from a position of weakness. While they have the RUC and the British Army there I reckon they’ll do a bit of wreck while they can.

If they start a war up there it will fuck brexit.

There is no appetite for wars kid. Any of that cunt acting will be stomped out very quickly. Not in Boris Johnsons interests now to be killing Catholic’s.

It won’t be him.

There’s enough nut jobs on both sides har that never went away. All it will take is a spark and I think this could have been it.

It won’t be a declared war. It’ll be what was there 20 years ago. Tit for tat

The RUC was replaced by the PSNI in 2002 and the British army left in 2007.

A change of names and they did in my bollix

2 Likes

The most positive outcome of this election is the disillusionment with the DUP which in effect is a rejection of sectarian politics.

1 Like

That and the majority of people whether Catholic or Protestant are more interested in living peacefully.

Rome wan’t built in a day. There are 30% Catholics in the PSNI, what percentage were in the RUC?

You will never see British army on the streets of NI again, that mistake won’t be repeated.

Correct, younger people of both communities wouldn’t even remember the troubles.

That’s optimistic bordering on naive

No, it’s a statement of fact. The troubles ended over twenty years ago so you’d have to be in your mid twenties to have any memory of it and effectively in your mid thirties to have opinions formed by the conflict.

That’s leaving aside older people who lived through it who have no desire to go back to those dark days.

Do you think the hatred stopped when the conflict did?

No, but most of those involved in the actual conflict are dead or pushing on. You can’t compare distrust some in the two communities have for each other now to the hatred of that era. If the same level of hatred existed you would still have sectarian attacks and killings.

I’m not saying there isn’t a risk of a return to violence, but unless the economy in NI collapses the risk is very low imo. I think the natural progression will be towards a UI as more people from both communities see a better future within a UI in the EU than a forgotten province of the UK outside the EU.

1 Like

Agree.

What’s become clear enough is that the unionist terrorists functioned largely as an arm of the British state with both implicit and explicit backing. Without this, they are largely neutered. A few oul fucks might throw together a fertiliser bomb, or shoot an odd random Catholic, but there is no angle in this for the English govt, who actually want well shot of the North.
The IRA have no need to resort to organised violence. That would be hugely detrimental to the natural reunification of Ireland.
Rip the plaster off now, and quickly, whilst the eu still have the means and motivation to foot some of the bill.

3 Likes

The bang of insecurity off ye is fascinating. Independent for almost 100 years and still shitting yourselves about what Britain might do.

2 Likes

The 6 counties are in Ireland

Worse still Annie Sugden has died

The only Sugden worth crying about is Rhian

1 Like