The Corruption Thread

They set up new companies apparently.

Cowboys Ted.

Won’t be going that route, he covered his back enough in the report.

Fuck sake.

Do we not have a dedicated MICA thread? Maybe the COTY thread…

What can we do to help pal

Edit. I assume there are houses on the other side of the border affected. What’s being done there?

1 Like

Yeah corruption is bad

I’ve heard nothing on that actually but I’d be surprised as building products are generally cheaper there

It’s hard to know what to do until the report is produced. They’ve committed to 100% redress but haven’t said 100% of what. A house that was built for 180k in 2005 might cost 250k to rebuild now.

It’s worrying that all Donegal politicians have gone quiet of this in the last month. I reckon the current Government parties are trying to kick the stone down the road until after the next general election and SF don’t want to make promises they’ll have to follow through if they’re in Government after it.

I’ve a feeling this will end up being treated as a humanitarian crisis and will be heavily funded by the EU.

2 Likes

Paddy is putting some shift in up and down to Dublin.

If you were ever to personify the controlled Donegal combination of madness, energy and decency it’s this lad

2 Likes

Treat it as a carbon reduction and training opportunity - every house has to be built to B1 BER or higher, lots of apprentices and end up with a workforce trained to roll similar across the country

Leo Varadkar.

Part of a Government that insisted on the taxpayer bailing out the corruption financial students but fuck the poor families that were provided with defective blocks thanks to an unregulated building sector.

An utter, utter cunt of a man.

4 Likes

Mr Varadkar said he understands the stress that people are under adding that the Government will do “our best” to come up with a scheme that is fair to the people who’ve been affected.

The headline doesn’t really agree with the content

How many affected houses would you be talking about?

Em, he says that the taxpayer will have to be protected and the cost will have to be protected.

This is the second time that he’s tried to pour cold water on the redress scheme.

Low estimate 5,000.

Higher and more likely estimate 20,000+

A lot of votes you’d expect. You’d at least get a single issue independent in?

All in Donegal?

Is that not a sensible position given the uncertainty over whether it’s 5k or 20k, or more again affected? I know of houses down here that have had reconstruction done on the block-suppliers dime, is that happening at all up there?

Good few in Clare. A house in Drumline was rated as most effected in country afaik. North Clare is riddled

The majority of companies up there in Donegal who dis building no longer exist is the block there if you excuse the pun

Is it not that they’re trading as a different entity? The block suppliers moreso

Mayo, Clare and Linerick as well I think.