The Cost of Living 📈

The couple of years with your snout in the Governmental trough have mellowed you noticeably. It’ll be a shame to see you back on the opposition benches after the next election.

6k homes vs 100k, bit of a different scale.

The government should have built the same house by 6,000x for MICA and retained 20% of any future sale price.

But it was the finance was the big issue. Where will we get the 2.2bn from. Thats crazy money. And yet more is being allocated now. Absolutely the individual cost is less, but the sum total expenditure, which seemed to be the issue, is greater.

Again, i think this is the right thing to do. And i was also vocal on here that the mica homes should be sorted as well.

It was the return vs the cost.

Yeah i think thats just something that they can now say to not look like hypocrites. But anyway, its good they are getting it sorted.

100000 vs 6000

Appartments vs mansions

1 Like

Not really, it’s quite clear the difference between spending hundreds of thousands on 6,000 homes vs. 25k for 100,000. Those 100,000 are also far more sustainable than rooral once off housing.

Thats exactly the reason there was an issue with one and not the other. We finally got there.

No- again, one cost significantly more per person than the other. It’s working out at more than the price of social housing on land already acquired which the State has no right over.

Financially a poor decision but rooral types need to be kept onside for votes.

Are FG shaking that magic money tree again. SF must have told them where they were keeping it

2 Likes

A certain former Fingal Mayor purchased a house in an area with pyrite issues some years ago. Obviously he didn’t know of the issues when buying the house but that’s irrelevant.

When the issues were known all restoration work was covered. (I’m not saying he had anything to do with that but he was luckily covered). All accommodation when their foundations were being dug out and they had to move out for a while was also covered.

All in the estate were happy, as well as they could be I suppose. Selling might be problematic but their house is standing and all okay.

Who could this former Mayor be related to?

I may have been accused of carrying him through Malahide village when he was re-elected cc @thedancingbaby

3 days seems to be the turnaround in applying for this and getting the money into your bank account. Know a few that have got it.

Very smart thing to give to people in the hard January month.

Applied for mine Sunday and landed in the account this morning.

Few quid extra in the take home pay today after the income tax band changes

1 Like

I did my working from home and medical returns on Friday and got my rebate today. We live in a great little country.

1 Like

TBF to Revenue, they are on the ball

1 Like

ROS is an utterly antiquated system in my view but to be fair they process things very quickly

2 Likes

The wfh is allowance is hardly much is it?