The Cost of Living 📈

Anyone lucky enough to be still on a tracker, ring the bank in the morning and get the fuck off it fast

1 Like
1 Like

A great idea but it’s no use unless you can look out from your island and decide which heifer/lamb you’re going to sacrifice to fill it.
Fuck all use to lads looking out at bus stations, phone shops and tattoo parlours.
Be lads fleeing to the outskirts of Ballinamore within the year, availing of reduced price kerosene, chape porter and set-dancing and melodeon classes.

9 Likes

@chocolatemice called this yonks ago. Ireland needs to reclaim it’s own currency and be done with the euro.

1 Like

We definitely don’t have the second highest VAT rate in the world

I should have fact checked that

1 Like

It’s the highest… Burn them …

1 Like

I have to agree. There are startling similarities between @chocolatemice and Eddie Hobbs.

What’s Hobbs’s answer?

The faeros and India are higher

Croatia, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, and Sweden are higher Poland and Portugal are the same as Ireland

The EU has a directive of a minimum of 15% VAT. No reason we cant drop it for 2 years to closer to 15%

Give him your money. Choco was just a fingerbanger whereas hobbs is a financial fingerbanger.

Imagine a method to ease the burden on all people, not just those of fuel allowance, take or have access to public transport or a couple of grand to retrofit a hone you own?

4 Likes

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy I assume you’ll do nothing for the folks who can’t avail of public transport?

Eamon is in charge of tranport & climate, he did a lot this week to reduce the cost of living,

There are over 300 million public transport journeys every year, this will help a lot of people

1 million people have a busy public transport stop within walking distance

A lot of people benefit from reduced public transport - acknowledge that before whining

in terms of food being 20% more expensive in Ireland, arent lots of farmers giving up because the price they get is so low. You want to gouge them more?

Just wish they means tested this rebate scheme on Electricity bills.

Giving well off people a credit on their & 2nd homes etc is a disgusting rue from FFFG to discredit the Greens and Eamon has accepted it.

1 million people live in Dublin, what about the people in rural Ireland outside the pale? Farmers are getting gouged but the cost of transporting the goods, fertiliser etc are all rising cutting their margins too. I agree with the cut in public transport cost but it only benefits 20% of the population. You have said multiple times that the retrofit is 100% for the poorest, yes that is true but what about the people in the middle? Those who will avail of the retrofit are the people with the means to already.

1 Like

Are you informed here or just repeating something you read on Twitter?

Not going to lie haven’t a clue about farming. From a conversation with a colleague in work.

Agreed but administratively that is probelmatic