The "Could You Imagine the Uproar if it Was Ulster GAA Involved" Thread

The Snake?

And a headbutted manager thrown into the bargain after the final whistle :clap:

#sweepsweep

Meath GAA, outstanding stuff. Pure fucking hatred, even at Division 4 level, and it makes the Irish Independent within hours. Now thats how you do this shit.

1 Like

Spot the similarities.

1 Like

I assume all pundits and journalists will be linking these incidents next time Kerry are involved in some controversy.

Cork’s All-Ireland camogie winning captain Ashling Thompson has revealed that she was taunted over the death of her partner whilst playing for her club.

The St Mary’s Mallow midfielder has spoken publicly in the past about her depression following a car accident, and struggling to cope with her partner’s suicide.

In an interview with Newstalk Radio earlier today, Thompson claimed to have received verbal abuse “from one or two clubs”, with some opponents using the upsetting aspects of her life to try and provoke a reaction from her during games.

“They would yeah. I don’t think they were out to get me that much and it happens more at club level than at county level,” she stated.

“In fairness to the county girls around the country, they’re very professional. They don’t harass you or say irrational things to you which is the way camogie should be. But when it came to the club scene, it got dirty. Girls were bringing up my partner who had passed away when I was in my bad place and struggling with depression.

“It is tough to take, but I’m used to it at this point. It’s part of the game now unfortunately and it only comes from one or two clubs.”

The issue of ‘sledging’ has been something the GAA has rigorously tried to stamp out and many cases are often notoriously hard to prove.

In May, an alleged incident which took place during Donegal’s Ulster MFC quarter-final win over Tyrone made national headlines, with the row between both counties rumbling on ever since.

That’s fucking sickening. How could anyone say such a thing …

… to our Aisling.
I’d have no problem with them saying things to a fat munter. But geez, not our Aisling. Hope she’s ok xx

Bit I thought sledging of this nature only happens in Ulster? :fearful:

That’s women for you

This whiny bitch :smile:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/gaa-steward-disgusted-at-abuse-over-broken-ticket-scanner-379492.html

Killyclogher player Leo Meenan was allegedly assaulted after his side’s victory over Coalisland in last night’s Tyrone SFC final replay at Healy Park.

According to the Belfast Telegraph, the centre forward was punched by a spectator while leaning over the rails as the Killyclogher players and fans celebrated a facile 0-20 to 0-6 win.

Armagh midfielder Stephen Sheridan is set for a spell on the sidelines after the midfielder was hit with a two-game retrospective ban.

Could you imagine the uproar if it was Ulster GAA involved

I couldnt even imagine.

He should have gotten 6 at a minimum. Horrible act.

The sneaky Donegal Player saw where the Armagh lad was going to plant his foot and flung his leg straight in the spot not allowing the Armagh lad a chance to avoid him.

1 Like

Yes 100 pc