The Daddy Thread

God wiling. Heā€™s a great kid but heā€™s convinced himself he wonā€™t like it.

Iā€™ve posted before about the dyspraxia but stuff like this is miles outside his comfort zone. Weā€™d a lot of tears this morning and weā€™ve had texts tonight to say how sad and stressed he is.

16 Likes

A monstrous day put down as Mrs Spidey departed the premises at 10am for the mini marathon. The eldest lad who normally eats like a bird wanted/had 3 different dinners. The baby shit in the bath and that was a world of pain and the Mrs is now out with her pals and husbands to commemorate her run on the bank holiday while Iā€™m the only one that actually works in a bank
I donā€™t know how I do it @Fagan_ODowd

No soccer definitely fucked up my schedule today @Juhniallio

16 Likes

I went myself a few years and I cried home plenty myself

1 Like

Fair play to him mate giving it a rattle. Iā€™ve had some students with dyspraxia in the past, and as you said, itā€™s probably a bit outside the comfort zone

4 Likes

Is there any worse realisation in the world?

I hope it works out for him, all he needs is one good (new) pal, Heā€™ll grow comfortable in the group as the days go on.
My own eldest girl is very anxious in general and is going to Irish college as well in a few weeks, her mother is way more excited than she is herself,

Other kids arenā€™t actually half as mean as we think sometimesšŸ˜

1 Like

Itā€™s the bleaching of the bath toys/mat that was the killer

1 Like

I was changing the youngest the other day, perched a very full nappy over the box of Lego. Enough said :man_facepalming:t2:

6 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

Brpught the little man back to training last night. Had texted the coach in advance and he said heā€™d look out for him. He got a kick to the knee and a ball to the face but canā€™t wait to go back next week. The coach texted me last night asking how he was after it. What an organisation.

18 Likes

We are the fucking greatest mate.

1 Like

Week 2 of sleep regression with two and a half year old. If there was a zombie apocalypse at the minute Iā€™m not sure which side Iā€™d be on.

4 Likes

Itā€™s a bastard of a time but itā€™ll pass

1 Like

Two weeks today, tā€™would be a great Fatherā€™s Day gift if he sticks a pin in it tonight.

Too much said

We had 6 weeks of it on no2

:scream::scream::scream::scream:

My two both sickā€¦ Fever. The little fella also teething like a mofo. We had a deadline this week at work so was on laptop 8am -12am most days with fuck all sleepā€¦ So I feel you mate. I FUCKING feel youā€¦ I even got kicked to the 24 hour pharmacy at 4am this morning to discover thereā€™s no such thing, it closes at midnight :cry:

9 Likes

Croup going like a motherfucker at the moment

You could have got Calpol in a 24 hour Tesco.