The Daddy Thread

I think Guinness sold in UK is now brewed in Dublin.

But for non Irish breweries they do send out a concentrate which is used by the local brewery.

I had Guinness in US last week that tasted on a par with what youā€™d get here.

1 Like

Danger here.

4 Likes

Kegs are shipped worldwide from st James gate in containers. The shelf life is short enough though and really should be consumed in 6 to 8 weeks.

You will see Guinness tankers in Dublin, some going to Belfast to be canned and more going to the ferry. These go to Wigan with a concentrate which is 2x the final product volume. This is then turned into the kegged product for the British market.

Kegs in the north come from Dublin.

6 Likes

Tis great to be able just to tell them to get a card.

Thanks mate. Iā€™m not going mad. Iā€™ve lost my taste for it here since I heard that tbh.

On the other hand, rather than going for two (2) or maybe tree(3) pints of Guinness yesterday teatime, I stayed home and had a g&t (large, very large) and a half bottle of Muga. I felt this morning that this was a poor choice and Iā€™d be paying for it.

1 Like

All went grand. I also told her Iā€™d cooked enough yesterday that there was no need to go out for dinner or get takeaway this evening.

Donā€™t you dream of getting a takeaway on Mothers Day. Thereā€™s leftovers there and you are to eat every bite.

Surprised you hadnt them wrapped in tinfoil for the match

4 Likes

We canā€™t all be the grill king of North West Limerick.

6 Likes

Told her there Iā€™d fire a few chips in the air fryer as well. Sure what more could she want?

1 Like

Ooooffffftttt

I had better add that the team Guinness is taken out of the being process earlier rather than being reduced to a concentrate.

Travel and time are more the issue with bad pints.

Thereā€™s something in my eye

TNH

3 Likes

Have you watched Andor yet?

Iā€™ve no interest in Star Trek pal.

A closed mind catches no wasps.

1 year today.

How does it feel like 3 weeks and 10 years simultaneously?

12 Likes

Jim Henson letter to his kids to be opened after he died

17 Likes