The Daddy Thread

Saturday market in St Anneā€™s Park is always a good option imnvho weather permitting. Get your lunch in one of the many food stalls or in Oliveā€™s Room itself, get your juice/smoothie/coffee/ice cream cone, bring the hurls (not the hurleys) & have a puck around on the grass, good kidsā€™ playground there too. Drop the older lads in a Fairview pub beforehand & drive up, dump the car on way back & join them for a quick pint or two.

Edit: quick pint or two of blackcurrant as youā€™ll be driving back to Limerick.

1 Like

Drive into somewhere beside the stadium and throw the car up on a kerb somewhere. Go in with the lads. Throw the young lad up on the high cuair with 15 bags of crisps, a jug of miwadi and a phone. Let him soak it all in as you have a heap of pints with the lads. Make sure you drink slower than the other lads though. Be at least one pint slower than the lad who is usually the sap. Stop drinking half an hour before the game so you can drive responsibly after. Head back to Tipp after with the windows open to keep yourself awake and the let out the smell of farts from the lads. The young fella will fall asleep from the sugar crash. When you get home throw him at mrs T, tell her its been very tough and you deserve a pint now and head off to the local. Job done.

20 Likes

Teach an Madra thread awaitsā€¦

6 Likes

Pub with Pool table, plenty of crisps & minerals.

End of.

If he whinges, never bring him again.

1 Like

@Bandage living up to the boring Accountant stereotype there and @Juhniallio living up to the wacky Vending Machine Operator stereotype as well.

7 Likes

Ten a penny these lads.

1 Like

Iā€™m taking my youngfella to the zoo for the morning. Weā€™ll be in Dublin at 8am.

2 Likes

I tipped in there one day about 2 years ago & I enjoyed it immensely. Hopefully the rain stays off you can stroll away for the day in there

Any ideas for feeding a young fella in Dubblin city centre Saturday? Pizza preferred.

We did that for the Munster Final.
I took him to see Clare Fans in the Woodfield

22 Likes

Independent Pizza right beside Croker is the business

2 Likes

Wahey!!

1 Like

Malahide castle (gardens) are lovely, thereā€™s a great playground there with a huge slide

1 Like

Just donā€™t go near the Swan section so

1 Like

No harm to make a booking for it in advance. It was busy enough anytime I was there this year and no tables free.

1 Like

No shortage of pizza places. Sano in temple bar or vice on merrion square the best pizza for me.

1 Like

Yes a booking is key. Itā€™s a gem of a spot

1 Like

That was actually the porpoise of the trip. It was our one day out last summer, on account of all sorts of curtailments and pressures. As it happens they wanted to go back in the first week of their holidaysā€¦i think they might be as odd as their da.
My young lassie correctly identified picasso as a fraud, j.b. yeats as ā€˜classā€™ and vermeer vs caravaggio as ā€˜a tough oneā€™

14 Likes

great stuff, lots of good stuff around there too, the playground in the park is good

1 Like

Is the Leprechaun Museum as terrible as Iā€™d expect?