The Daddy Thread

Fair play, wont be long til youā€™re in them yourself at your age.

12 Likes

Done four months after the last.

1 Like

I donā€™t think the odd curse is as much of a big deal as it was at all? Obviously if they are going round calling everyone a cunt or something youā€™d be worried but cursing in general is far more widespread than it was it seems to me and the old ā€˜shameā€™ thing of the priest or school principal hearing you isnā€™t as much of a big deal.

1 Like

Any issues?

Iā€™m due

Nothing. Youā€™d feel like you had a kick in the nuts for a few days but I went for a run I think two days afterwards.

1 Like

Informative.

Little lass went in for a taster for junior infants today. Half an hour with parents allowed in as well. Sheā€™s home here and wonā€™t take off the uniform even though sheā€™s not going back again until Tuesday. Looks like itā€™ll be no bother dropping her off on Tuesday. She knows where her chair is and where the jacks are. What else do she need sure?

23 Likes

I have the heebegeebees thinking about LC results tomorrowā€¦

6 Likes

Seems like a great way to do it. Mrs Mac still has nightmares about our 2nd lad starting Juniors during Covid times where a teacher took him from us at the steps and him roaring his eyes out.

When our first lad started the principal had to come into the room to ask crying parents to get out as they were upsetting the kids!

4 Likes

Thatā€™s not nothing!

1 Like

Whatā€™s the best way to get rid of used travel systems, prams, car seats etc? Have stuck them up on donedeal and Facebook marketplace for pennies on the dollar but zero interest, these places seem awash with them.

Anyone know a charity or needy cause who would take them off my hand

Iā€™d ring a charity shop in advance. We donated a lot of stuff to Womenā€™s Aid here for their shop but Iā€™d also say crowds like that would have clients they could directly give that stuff to.

2 Likes

Brilliant

Think homeless womenā€™s shelters would use some,
Or at least know who to give them to

Iā€™d be interested to hear how you get on. Thereā€™s 3 charity shops in town. Iā€™ve heard stories of items like your stuff and toys being refused. Itā€™s unclear to me why.

Safety

1 Like

Go around to the VdP shop in Kilbarrack and ask them do they take them.

In other words these shops fear come back in the form of a claim?

Iā€™d imagine so. Iā€™d say itā€™s the same reason hospitals wonā€™t take back crutches

1 Like

Sure they wouldnā€™t have a leg to stand on if they gave out dodgy crutches.

3 Likes