The Damien Duff Appreciation Thread

@Locke is arguing that men going to the gym - to do physical exertion - should wear a pants :laughing:

A gallon of soup in his jocks going from machine to machine — the sick bastard.

I believe you’d wear athletic shorts, not Gaelic Athletic Association shorts

Would you now? - would you lay out your outfit the night before going to the gym to make sure no colours clashed?

Soupy pants.

There’s a fashion thread ffs sake.

Of course a man in his 40s can wear skinny tracksuit bottoms if he maintains the physique of an athlete. It ain’t one size fits all so to speak.

The thing is you do need to know the rules to break them.

Stop being an ageist cunt.

Duffer enjoyed Lenny’s celebrations in front of the traveling Celtic hordes today.

A terrific little fellow.

People who look slow thread ————->

Good man Duffer.

3 Likes

I was looking at our squad for the 02 World Cup and it was mad how many good players we had at the time.

It seems forgotten a little how talented a group they were and surely should have made the euros in 04 and the World Cup in 06?

Anyway how good was Duff? A little bit before my time. I remember him being at Chelsea and being injured a lot.

Would he have been better than Robbie Keane?

Yeah a proper Champions League quality player.

Duff was class. Jose killed the child in him a wee bit, but even still, he was as good a player as we ever did produce.

He was fairly disappointing for Ireland for the majority of his career

Didnt help that he was played out of position so we could put Kevin Kilbane in front of Harte for a number of years.

1 Like

Played up front for Ireland a lot. Was never the same attacking player after Jose.

Didn’t help that the best player in the squad blew a gasket and walked out on the venture. It cast a long shadow on Irish soccer.

1 Like

Duff was a proper player. Why wouldn’t he be. His uncle Ciaran was a fine GAA player too

Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool all seemed very keen for his signature in the summer of 2003. The new riches and ambition at Stamford Bridge lured him to Chelsea. He probably should have gone to Liverpool instead of Newcastle in 2006.

What?!!

He was excellent v France in 2010 play off.

Dropped 4 points needlessly with two silly draws against Israel in World Cup qualifying for 2006. The last minute equaliser in Tel Aviv was a sickener. If we’d won those two games we’d have qualified.

We were chasing our tales for Euro 2004 qualification after losing the first two games against Russia and Switzerland. I’d imagine we probably underestimated the Swiss and Hakin Yakin.