The Dating Thread - Part II

@BruidheanChaorthainn badly shown up here.

1 Like

How?

Tinder is great if you strike while the iron is hot. Too many lads spend days texting back and forth, not realising she’s at the same yarn with 5 or 10 other lads. Go for the jugular early and you’ll quickly weed out the chancers and time wasters.

3 Likes

Well this is the thing.

If you after the ride it’s grand but If you want to meet a nice girl I’d say just get out and about.

You can waste too much time on bumble and tinder.

Even now though I’d say tinder and them are seriously outdated.

Instagram is unreal handy.

With Tinder you definitely know there’s an initial attraction if they’ve swiped right on you. I presume you’re basing sliding into someone’s Instagram DM’s on them liking a few of your posts. Not exactly a foolproof method.

Generational thing obviously but I’d look my nose down on anybody who needed an app to meet a nice bird, or get a ride

I find it very handy.

As an example I knew a girl was in Paris the Saturday night because she’d a story up.

You don’t get that With tinder.

If a girl is constantly like your posts or stories on Instagram it’s usually a decent sign too.

There’s not many you don’t look down your nose at I’d say

14 Likes

Yet you love Ryan Tubridy!

2 Likes

Bizarre response,

I have no real opinion on Ryan Tubridy, heard he’s a very good guy is all

But, bizarre response :man_shrugging:

Absolutely I’m worse to engage tbh

2 Likes

When i was a young fella I’d no other option than to rely on a ready wit, an easy charm and devilish good looks.
I don’t know how i did it.

5 Likes

The Ulster club medal helped no doubt

7 Likes

I’d say you were an ould Plámás

That’s a shocking statement.

You should report it,
No place for that kind of thing on TFK :open_mouth:

I know plenty of people late 30s/ early 40s now married with kids that wouldn’t have met without these apps. When you get to a certain age, you’re not meeting your future wife at 4 in the morning at a house party after a night at Costello’s.

14 Likes

Hardly, he looks down his nose at a lot of things, apart from when hes looking in the mirror

1 Like

Check out Rico Suavé

Can you not just say ‘it’s not for me’ rather than say ‘I’d look down my nose at someone who used them’.

1 Like

Sorry, I need to clarify,

Two things

1. I’m aware it’s a generational thing, I think it’s a bit odd
  2. I meant for young lads really, I know it’s awfully difficult at a certain age,
1 Like