The Dating Thread - Part II

You’ve funnelled all your emotional rage into Cork City and poor parallel parking.

:wink:

1 Like

In hindsight, personally speaking I entered relationships and a marriage having been taught how to behave in one from parents who had no idea how to behave in a relationship, learned from watching an older brother who learned from our dysfunctional parents and then from mates who grew up in dysfunctional households. That’s what my partners got. Dysfunction. It’d be very easy to blame who I learned from, but the truth was, I was unwilling to question whether what I had learned from a child watching other people in relationships, was sane, sound or healthy. I refused to question it, as questioning it would involve work, if I didn’t like the answers. I would then have the option of learning how to communicate, care and trust in a healthy fashion. I didn’t. The result was two decades of mad relationships and chaotic behaviour. Growing up in Ireland, most of us are terrified of any real attempts at intimacy, because our parents were unable to have healthy intimacy with their partners or their children and without it…relationships are skin deep agreements and shot through with fear instead of love. My tuppence.

5 Likes

:ok_hand::ok_hand:glad you didn’t mention Cork hurling or football
I’ve invested emotionally in them whures aswell for decades

I hear ya brother
And am solidly or was in your camp
Ref how I behaved and reacted
A close fiend once said “ The ******s are absolutely brilliant with children “

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:AKA I wouldn’t want my sister near them​:blush:
Though of our whole gang I was the only one who divorced
Rest soldiered on,
And I can categorically state 3 of my brothers ended up with fuckin demons

1 Like

Comforting reading.

1 Like

My fathers only advice about women was “the best of them are bad”

3 Likes

I’m empty re cork city fc
Though was delighted to watch our ladies win last Saturday in Bishopstown v Treaty
They were lucky enough tbh.

Yet our mothers were all saints?

1 Like

What a poster @Corksfinedtboy is. Life education with no bullshit.

3 Likes

As long as one’s not on the throes of contemplating asking the big question :blush:

Always- mine was a beautiful Kerry woman who backed all her sons always,
Even when we were young,’
Told me in no uncertain terms you don’t need to marry her😊
And even in McNamaras hotel Moville at the reception/ piss up
Said ‘ boy u can get into the car now with your father and me and not a bad word will be spoken’:blush:

Loyalty to the bitter end

5 Likes

Thanks boy
This place is the confessional box that I should be attending

1 Like

:blush::blush::blush::+1:

I’m probably being slated in this group :hot_face:

13 Likes

Only started on the 19th of April. Most likely in your honour…

2 Likes

She surely has got the hint after a week…

3 Likes

Have you double blue ticked her message yet?

1 Like

Haven’t opened either.

2 Likes

Nobber

Disagree. Rode half of south east on it.

4 Likes