The Dating Thread - Part II

It’s certainly different now. It’s a value game, women in particular have a higher value than they would in prior years. The empowerment of women now leads them calling the shots. The outlook of women in different generations was they probably needed a man to have a home, put bread on the table, to provide a family etc.

Now they are independent, they don’t need a man to have their home or provide. They can do that for themselves, they might want to build their career or go travelling etc.

Look it really depends on how much you want to settle down, if you really want it you can lower your expectations and find someone to settle down but I don’t think that would make me happy. But I think what’s changed now compared to 10-15-20 years past is expectation levels of women in terms of what they want from life has changed exponentially.

That’s my take on matters anyway.

1 Like

With a tinder bio of, I have Ferrero Roche and I’ll really spoil you. The phone would be hopping out of his hand I’d say

Dont think so somehow. My profile would be of me in a Limerick half zip and a tracksuit bottom with a placard declaring "justice for Nicky’

2 Likes

It’s a numbers game. It’s like a game of poker, everyone working with a handle they’re dealt with. Everyone will be in touch with a number of ones but one could be priority for one person and a backup for others.

You just have to go on with an expectation where you don’t believe it will happen because that’s sadly the reality.

1 Like

Don’t mind tinder ffs, that’s for apes of young lads. If you want a serious relationship try bumble

1 Like

Hinge is where it’s at now.

Your bio would promise a pyramid of Ferreros in place of a Christmas tree to have a family photo with the dog in in matching pjs. Iron Mike is irresistible

2 Likes

Yes Hinge is definitely the best one out there IMO.

1 Like

The one thing I do have is an absolute hape of those gold cones that we put up at Christmas. For some reason the women love them.

2 Likes

I met my latest wife on bumble

13 Likes

Most single women tend to have adopted dogs to fulfil their devotion and emotional needs during the pandemic. I’d say 50% of women’s dating profiles either reference their dog or have a photo of their dog.

Or a filthy cat

1 Like

“Dog mother”

FOAD

6 Likes

I’ll take one off your hands

2 Likes

I’ll hook up with you after the Crimbo kid. Btw, you can earn serious money off them on Ebay. Before the covid, the women went clane mad for them to have at the wedding. One could earn up to 200 notes for them.

1 Like

Yes but no definite date

Jesus! That’s mental money

Not sure if they’re still commanding that money. Log on to ebay after Christmas. A lot of lads working in supermarkets take them home and sell the. The managers don’t give a fuck. I am friendly with one manager who orders two every year and uses one for his new years eve party, After I moved up the ladder last year he rang me and asked me would the ,ad replacing me be OK with him ordering two.

1 Like

18 Likes
1 Like