The Defense Forces/Cadetship

they were coming home for compassionate leave, an administrative mission to get lads out of there for funerals. It wasn’t Hezbollah just some locals sick shit of UN intrusion by all accounts

2 Likes

A fair sign of how civilised a country we are when the death of a soldier is top of the news billing. Nobody calling for an eye for an eye etc… May he RIP seems like wrong place at wrong time

2 Likes

This thing in the Lebanon sounded eerily like the murders of those soldiers at the funeral in West Belfast back in the 80s. Sounded like the lads got lost, took a wrong turn and ended up confused and then in the middle of an angry mob.

The auld fella got petrol bombed over in the 80s and his tent burnt out from around him. He was also pinned down by an Israeli sniper on another occasion who was just letting them know he was there and what he could do… With my grandfather’s heroics at Dunkirk and my two tours with the FCA - we have given some service to the world. Desk jockeys like @Tim_Riggins and @glasagusban demanding Ireland end its neutrality and send irish men and women off to die should maybe sign up and see some action themselves before sending others off to die.

3 Likes

The country slept easy in their beds in the 70s and 80s knowing No3 Co An Slua Muiri Waterford were on hand to defend them.

Cc @Thomas_Brady

15 Likes

Zero invasions of Ireland on @Fagan_ODowd and @Thomas_Brady watch. Thanks lads, the country owes you a debt of gratitude

5 Likes

Thanks @padjo. I gave my country some service.

2 Likes

Are you one of the young bucks there?

:face_with_monocle: :face_with_monocle:

Back row, second from left.

3 Likes

You horrible bastard, @Fagan_ODowd was officer class pal.

1 Like

They know’t. No more of that

He should have joined the Air Corps.

Sorry bucko I was a mere Ordinary Seaman.

To protect and serve :clap:

2 Likes

God Bless @Fagan_ODowd

2 Likes

Go away out of it. He ran out of the place when he was told the the Russians most probable point of attack would be by sailing a battle ship up the Suir.

If I remember rightly the plan was to engage them in a rowing boat.

@Fagan_ODowd would have took out the Russian commander with his Lee Enfield

I was a crack shot.

Jesus, I can’t believe you’ve used your own photograph as your avatar

3 Likes