The depression thread

They do a lot of naked ice hole dipping in my current neck of the woods, inbetween saunas. All ages. If you go on a weekday, 9-5 it’s full of the 65-80 crew. I wouldn’t worry about the heart. The key is to keep the head above water when you dip, and if you find a sauna warm enough in Ireland close to somewhere you can plunge, the Finns would encourage you wear a good sauna hat, which protects your head from the heat, enabling you to stay in the sauna and sweat longer on the most elevated benches.

Have you thrown yourself in? If.your heart is able for it after, i’m confident.

What’s the issue more pressing than heart?!

1 Like

Oh yes, I used to go there a couple of times a week. Not as often these days. I remember an ex girlfriend’s Dad, three siblings and nephew tagged along with me once. With the whole lot of us sitting there without a stitch on us, I thought, ‘You’re not in Kansas now, Dorothy’. It’s not unusual for whole families, 2 or 3 generations, irrespective of gender to be nude in the sauna together here. The social services would be kicking your door in the following day in Ireland.

Sitting in a sauna and getting an eye full of your ma’s growler - I’ll pass thanks.

23 Likes

I’m going into the water and never coming back out

Heart attack from her clacker winking at you, never mind the water

1 Like

You’d be definitely lobbying for who gets up to put water on the coals if it was a family affair in Ireland. However, if you do it for a while here, it eventually helps with mentally separating nudity and sex, which is something most likely the puritans within christianity haped upon us. I’ve been to mixed saunas on Aufguss nights, which is when a bear-like german slaps different scented oils on the stones, and has a myriad of variation of towel flapping techniques to circulate the air through the confined space. There’s not a second glance given to all the boobs and genitalia on display. A non-issue.

1 Like

Shur you’re all too depressed to be bothering with stuff like that

1 Like

Cant imagine it being a frequent habit for teenage lads if that’s the case?

A world of therapy needed for a poor lad if an unwanted stonker makes its presence known at one of these family affairs.

I asked that, and I was informed that men and women go through an often very short period of embarrassment in their early teens, but that it passes. In Sweden, it’s more of a ‘wellness’ thing, as well as the tradition of doing it at their country houses or when they go skiing as a family unit. The Finns on the other hand I am told view someone as unclean if they don’t sauna at least once a week. The infrastructure of many buildings there are in danger due to the effects of having poorly thought out saunas in residential homes.

You have lived a very interesting life, there is a book in there somewhere.

11 Likes

There’s enough bowsies out there writing books minutely detailing a hairline above the ordinary of lives. We should at this point limit it to a category of ‘exceptional experiences only need apply’ at publisher level. The other gripe I refuse to let go is people writing books on their life before they hit 30. I’m sure many fit a lot worth reading into their first three decades, but at least will wait until you can marry it with sufficient, and valuable hindsight.

7 Likes

He’s been a superb and much needed addition to the forum

6 Likes

:joy::joy:

I’m at work but I shouldn’t be. Literally able to do nothing but trying to keep my sick leave down because I’m in clearance for a promotion and it’s already too high (from a previous bout of this cunt of a thing). Just go home every evening and go straight to bed. Saw a therapist who’s advice was to “try to pretend you aren’t depressed.”

16 Likes

:clap:

Genius

1 Like

Have you tried bestowing random acts of kindness upon strangers?
It wouldn’t be my cup of tae, but some people swear by it.

1 Like

He got mugged off worse than @Big_Dan_Campbell bringing the childer for a haircut.

I took another man’s ticket to the United-Bournemouth match

26 Likes

:smiling_face::smiling_face: