The Eamon Dunphy Thread

Standard Dunphy rant against the “diseased” and “terminally ill” game of association football on Sport at 7 this evening.

Once again he picked a few names from his list of morally perfect and unimpeachable heroes of humanity that he regularly compares association footballers unfavourably to.

Tonight it was Rory McIlroy and Ken Doherty.

Next week I’m betting it’ll be Padraig Harrington and Barry Geraghty.

Henry Shefflin and Brian O’Driscoll the week after that.

Then Johnny Murtagh and Cian O’Connor.

Then Ruby Walsh and DJ Carey.

And so on.

1 Like

[quote=“Sidney, post: 456379”]Standard Dunphy rant against the “diseased” and “terminally ill” game of association football on Sport at 7 this evening.

Once again he picked a few names from his list of morally perfect and unimpeachable heroes of humanity that he regularly compares association footballers unfavourably to.

Tonight it was Rory McIlroy and Ken Doherty.

Next week I’m betting it’ll be Padraig Harrington and Barry Geraghty.

Henry Shefflin and Brian O’Driscoll the week after that.

Then Johnny Murtagh and Cian O’Connor.

Then Ruby Walsh and DJ Carey.

And so on.[/quote]

He’s tiresome at this stage. Utterly predictable in his rants.

What’s your problem?

always get the impression with Dunphy that he is just laughing at all of us who feed on his ridiculous rants…I´d say he finds the idea of him getting paid so much and being taken so seriously just to talk about sport absolutely hilarious…I liked his saturday morning interviews on rte radio a few years back…a great interviewer and very articulate and knowledgeable about current affairs etc…think he takes sport for what its is - only a game…remember him being interviewd on Late lateshow one night and he basically believed the real people in the world are the likes of firemen, nurses and cops etc…

His interview before the Presidential election of Gay Mitchell and Martin McGuinness was gas.

Now I wouldn’t be Mitchell’s biggest fan by any means but Dunphy was so biased towards McGuinness it was ridiculous.

well at least it even things up slightly compared to the 1000’s of workers party/RTE biased interviews against republicans

Ex workers party biased against republicans ?

Dunphys lick arsing of Rod Liddle on radio a few
days after slating him as “the guy who ran off and left his wife for a young one” is probably my personal favourite backtrack from him.

This post has to be a pisstake

are you so out of touch with Ireland that you didnt know that?

are you familiar with Eoghan Harris

Anyway Dunphy is a legend for me for being the only Irish player to mark Bloody Sunday

He wore a black armband the weekend after- other irish players refused

that would have been a 1000 times more ballsy than mcclean not wearing the poppy

I knew Harris alright was involved with the Stickies before turning full West Brit circle. Is he involved with RTE? Thought it was just writing shite for the Sindo

Dunphy had Ahern on the RTE Premiership before a general election before. Analyzing Ronaldo and his favourite side. Dunphy loses his shirt in Anglo and is now all about the common man

[quote=“KIB man, post: 456388”]I knew Harris alright was involved with the Stickies before turning full West Brit circle. Is he involved with RTE? Thought it was just writing shite for the Sindo

Dunphy had Ahern on the RTE Premiership before a general election before. Analyzing Ronaldo and his favourite side. Dunphy loses his shirt in Anglo and is now all about the common man[/quote]

Dunphy had him on? FFS try not to completely lose the run of yourself when bending the truth.

yes

Why cos somebody ahs a different opinion than you?..just cos you made it past the front gate of the farm don’t go thinking you’re some kind of Phileas Fogg salmon of Knowledge… :wink:

for the record I’d imagine Dunphy was very much raised with the common man on Richmond road in Dublin’s North inner city back in the day…Its why he’ll always side with them …so lie down you complete pest…

dont think Dunphy acted on behalf of the common man when he knocked on his neighbours door in leafy Mount Pleasant Sq in Ranelagh that time and called the lady of the house a ‘fucking tramp’ and a ‘fat ugly fucking bitch’ before telling her husband ‘they weren’t fit to live in the area’ while throwing a dig at him and landing on his hole. I heard himself and his buddy Shane Ross would regularly cry their little hearts out alright for the common man be it either sitting in leafy ranelagh or in his villa in the south of france fair play to him.
Think the neighbour was the editor or sub editor of the Times at the time and he turned up off his head having read something about himself in the paper.

He certainly did act for the common man however when he cried on the Late Late about his poor father having to dig holes or something similar for a living. And then there was the time that €400k of taxpayers money per year football commentator Eamo used the LLS again to have a pop at the health service as his grandson was on a waiting list for an operation. Assume Eamo coughed up for the treatment himself eventually and didnt leave the poor kid waiting too long for the system to help out beacuse lets be fair, thats what a man of the people, a decent skin would do.

what are you saying?..because he’s rich he should have to pay for his grandson’s treatment??..fair play to him for using his influence and highlighting the disgraceful health service…If he 's making as much as you say then surely he’s paying serious tax on that…should his grandson not be entitled to avail of a proper health system that his grand father’s has contributed to ?..
who gives a fook where he lives??..should he live down in sherrif street for all his days in order to comment on the common man??..thats utter bollox…
I’m not saying Dunphy is a saint…I just think people take his outbursts a lot more serious than he does and by doing so keep him in good money…

im saying Dunphy is a hypocritical tosser, a clown, a bully, a laughing stock, who will be whoever the populist opinion want him to be and side with whoever he thinks the populist opinion want him to side with, thats all.

exactly and getting paid a fookin fortune to do it… :lol:

Namechecking the Donegal footballers and Kilkenny hurlers on the Frontline now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tmbK06TrDIM

shut your mouth you utter imbecile. during the pyramid scheme years Dunphy was a choir boy for Bertie, FF and the corrupt elite who ruined the country. So much for always siding with the common man… :rolleyes:

All changed when his bet on Anglo shares turned to clay.