The Eamon Dunphy Thread

“You’ve jumped over the fence, baby”

1 Like

Truth is an absolute defence.

And he was only scratching the surface,

The fact that Rod Liddle still has a job is proof the notion of cancel culture is bullshit.

I caddied for Bill at the Terry Wogan Golf Classic in Limerick Golf Club in 1990 he was an absolute gentleman he spotted me £20 as well he had one of the early models of the Powakaddy at the time when no one had one.

6 Likes

Dunphy knew his stuff as well

he called the decline in Itialian club football before anyone, this was just after Italy won the World cup

That was brilliant from Dunphy in fairness.

The bit where Giles was saying Ferguson wouldn’t have got rid of Keane if he was still delivering on the pitch and Dunphy just fires back " Ferguson’s lost the plot John" is absolute gold.

1 Like

Brady was bulling from the get go.

2 Likes

the ministry of funny walks :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:rofl:

ah lads, we’ll never see the like of it again

Where did you manage?

I didn’t

Well then

I’ve managed to stay alive for 63.5 years baby

It’s like TFK on the TV screen

5 Likes

“Football is a dying sport Bill. There are no street footballers anymore”.

Horse Racing
Hurling
Golf
Occasionally rugby

Eamon was very Official Ireland in which sportspeople he liked to hold up as examples.

1 Like

What sportspeople should he have held up?

Dermo.

Be the best.

He talked about real football people in Italia 90 - Dave O’Leary’s people, Ronnie Whelan’s people and made some reference to people watching who would otherwise be playing bingo and their view didn’t count

1 Like

Never rated Carrick, he was right. could never make space for himself in big games. Couldn’t play on the turn. Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets beasted him; but so did Xavi Alonso, Mascherano and Gerrard many times.

1 Like

Carrick, Gerrard, all these English lads, all one footed and played one footed if you know what I mean?

They can’t open the field on their weak side. If the ball is played to them, they have to close the pitch on their left - a decent midfielder or coach should be able to close off one side of the pitch, against them

When you’re playing against Xavi or Iniesta, they’re taking the ball at any angle, opening up both sides of the pitch, you don’t know where to close them down, how to stop them opening the field. An absolute fucking nightmare to coach and play against I’d say

2 Likes

You should try it some time

1 Like

Lol

1 Like

You’re onto something here we need a TFK podcast experts here on everything @Rocko make it happen

1 Like

Maybe not a podcast, perhaps something more like Clubhouse?