The Electric Vehicle Thread

An EV mate.

2 Likes

Can you now sell power back into grid from the EV with a Dc connection cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

soon mate

1 Like

Signing out

Barack Obama Mic Drop GIF

2 Likes

Tell us why, mate?

This is the post I wrote explaining why we went electric originally. The long and short of it is the circumstances that made an electric car work heavily in our favour arenā€™t there any more.

• I fully work from home so I drive a lot less.
  • Iā€™m never in the office to charge for free.
  • Public charging is now laughably expensive given the governmentā€™s EV adoption goals.
  • I donā€™t have a home charger at the moment as the house Iā€™m renting would need the electrics upgraded due to overly stringent rules around installing home chargers. This makes charging the EV a massive chore.
  • Iā€™ve a small child with associated luggage and paraphernalia

It doesnā€™t work for us. So we bought a 7 seater SUV. :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

13 Likes

Jaysus

Youā€™re saying theyā€™re a load of shite. @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy would advise you to get a cargo bike instead.

No, Iā€™m saying they make sense in pretty specific scenarios that used to apply to us but no longer does.

Yep, load of fucking shite.

3 Likes

This is massive lads. I was considering an EV, but I reckon Iā€™ll buy a Land Cruiser instead now

4 Likes

Thatā€™s the death warrant of the EV signed by its 1st proponent here. I donā€™t give a fuck what the Green wankers/anti beef/tree planting mob respond with Iā€™m not gonna buy it.

@cluaindiuic is in the top 3 of rational, sensible, erudite posters here, Iā€™m convinced heā€™s right.

3 Likes

Be some Craic if @Fagan_ODowd has jacked it in too

Nah Iā€™m still in but I have the same car all the time. Not changing it.

1 Like

Neā€™er an issue?

None at all.

1 Like

What was the resale value like?

Eyeing up a Pajero. Or a big Isuzu.

1 Like

the luddites out in force today

The 3.2 diesels circled quickly once their owners smelled blood in the water.
Your theories about the EV effect have been debunked and you might, judiciously, consider a rebrand.