The Electric Vehicle Thread

What was the resale value like?

Eyeing up a Pajero. Or a big Isuzu.

1 Like

the luddites out in force today

The 3.2 diesels circled quickly once their owners smelled blood in the water.
Your theories about the EV effect have been debunked and you might, judiciously, consider a rebrand.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:
You were doing more than working from home, ya oul :ram:

6 Likes

whats their moronic target again? no fossil fueled cars on the road by 2030? lol, did anyone crunch actually the numbers on that one?

1 Like

The town in the road has 4 petrol stations and not a charging station among them. The forecourt owners know EV is pie in the sky stuff

70% of new cars in oireland bought this year are automatic

EVs outsold diesels in April

Sales of EVs are up 50% this year

Wake up luddites

1 Like

What’s that got to do with the price of spuds

1 Like

EVs are all automatics

The antiquated ICE manual gearbox is a thing of the past

This is a great ould yarn too

Someone pick @gilgamboa up off the floor

Resale value on both EVs I sold were pretty good. The salesman yesterday suggested that second hand EV sales are slowing down. Given that new EV sales are still growing strongly I treated that as salesman verbal diarrhoea. The car I was selling was an e-Niro with as good a range as anything new out there so I’d be surprised if it wasn’t sold pretty quickly.

I’d be concerned buying an EV right now about the public infrastructure especially travelling long distances. My last trip to Dublin I needed a charge and fast chargers were very busy every step of the way. New EV owners you encounter at charging points tend to a magical combination of arrogance and ignorance. I won’t miss slowly explaining how they work and the look of confused panic on their face when they realise what they’ve signed up for.

I saw Circle K are starting to add chargers.

Company will install new chargers at 30 forecourts around the country by 2025

Glacial is better than nothing I suppose.

1 Like

Some nightmare having to worry about charging the milkfloat every 100 miles

8 Likes

You’d be on first name terms with the Tipp yahoo in Obama in no time.

Imagine there was vehicles you could recharge in 30 seconds ?

ID4 has a advertised range of over 200 miles, in winter you’d be lucky to get 90 with the heat and radio on

All jokes aside, the EV I have has an advertised range of 340km. Drive it as you normally would, as in like a planet killing fossil fuel motor and you’ll get 280km. Just takes a bit of adjusting.

I’ve to go to the midlands on Friday so let’s see how that goes.

1 Like

It would do that range in the city

It wont driving it at 120 on the motorway

2 Likes

I went PHEV back in 2016 and it still the right job for me. Battery driving in the city and no range anxiety on my trips to Waterford. I’m years off switching to full electric.

4 Likes