The Electric Vehicle Thread

Anyone using the 0% BIK to purchase an electric vehicle? Expect to see a plethora of Tesla Model S and Model X on the road in 2018. Already seeing a surprising number of Model X.

1 Like

Youā€™ll be doing well to get your hands on a Tesla at this stage Iā€™d say.

Wait til they see high rolllers in 95k Teslaā€™s paying no BIK

will be closed off sharpeish

You can get a Model S or X within about 3 months of ordering. Not much different to any other marque.

1 Like

There was a wan called into the radio last week to say sheā€™d put a $10k deposit on a Tesla for delivery in 2019!

If she paid $10k sheā€™s been mugged off good and proper. I assume she was referring to the Model 3 which you can reserve for $1k. Will be well beyond 2019 by the time she gets it too.

Didnā€™t hear the model but it was defintely $10k deposit, because I remember thinking myself at the time that sheā€™d been right royally mugged off

Thereā€™s a road sign near Mac Donagh Park in Nenagh that says COTY. I assumed Ray Darcy lived there.

Tesla have a supercharger point in Birdhill for 8 cars now. Theyā€™re good at playing the long game as itll be a while before there are eight teslas passing Birdhill at the same time

Same in Ballacolla

Is the map on the eCars website the definitive list of charging points? Or is it just the eCars branded chargers?

sigh

Well my house has a charger and itā€™s not on the list!

Put yeah, itā€™s the best publicly available list. Zap-Map is a better app on mobile.
It gives you information around timing. Like, this charger has been in use for 30 minutes. Which Ecars doesnā€™t.

2 Likes

Not the news I wanted to see but now is the time to load up on Tesla options. Never doubt Muskā€™s ability to get shit done.

Tesla Breaks Another Production Promise With Crucial Model 3

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-03/tesla-delays-model-production-goal-as-deliveries-miss-estimates

Targets sound ambitious but likely if I change in the near future itā€™ll be the last diesel I buy.

Makes sense. Hybrids are really just a half measure.

50 new fast chargers this year. Hmmm, Iā€™ll believe it when I see it.

1 Like

Pascal has put an end to the Tesla party.

ā‚¬50,000 limit on the BIK benefit.