The Electric Vehicle Thread

Mitsubishi?

You’re as bad as the other fellow. I’m not telling you.

Is it a Volkswagen?

PM a pic. :eyes::nose:

1 Like

Post up the pic when he sends you the PM. :thumbsup:

I’m still not sold on hybrid cars. OK for stop-start city driving. Outside that, a modern lightweight diesel and a proper driving style still trumps it.

wouldnt have the same smugness factor pal.

3 Likes

We had a very nice one for a few years, and I must admit to knowing this smugness you speak of. Glad it was just a phase and I’m over that now.

At home: a few hours for a full charge. Maybe 5 or 6. Not sure, it happens overnight.
At a standard public charger: (like the ones at Dart stations) about the same
At a fast charger: (motorways etc) it takes 20 minutes to get about 80% charge.

1 Like

It’s entirely relevant Fagan and you know it.

@Fagan_ODowd is working this thread like @bressie.

Last evening I saw what I thought was a Jag but turns out it was a Teva (I think that was the make). And again I think that’s an electric car. Is that right? Looked nice but I was weaving through traffic on my bike at the time.

Tesla. The Holy Grail of electric cars. An astonishing piece of kit.

3 Likes

That’s the one. Limerick reg on it too. Had a quick look inside it as I past and it looked the biz.

I wish @Fagan_ODowd many miles of pleasurable driving in his new electro-mobile

1 Like

I saw the new Porsche electric car in wilmslow a while back. All £750,000 of it.
It looked fucking cool.
Exhaust pipes are on the roof so it moved along surrounded by a halo/heat haze.

Outlander.

I always wanted to get an electric vehicle just to plug it in when visiting the oul lad and see his reaction like a grown up version of leaving the immersion on.

2 Likes

I can confirm that @Fagan_ODowd bought a…

1 Like

That’s not a plug in as far as I am aware. I have made it clear that mine is a plug in.

Outlander