The Electric Vehicle Thread

:rollseyes:

He runs in the JLT

I picked a dead bird out of the front grill just there. Wondering was it the silence of the engine that did for him.

Would it be nit-picking to point out that the engine is not silent? The car is quieter when running off the motor (which is not an engine), but the engine is not, I repeat NOT, silent.

That is all.

Noted. But it freaked me out.

Birds smash into cars all the time. Hit a pigeon last week en route to Galway. Missus looked up and said “what the fuck was that?!”. “Nothing” says I, but the feathers gave the game away.

Ok mate. That’s made me feel a bit better.

1 Like

Were you wearing a Dig Dastardly costume when you hit the pigeon?

No, but I started laughing a bit like Muttley.

1 Like

Hit a fledgling this morning on what could only have been it’s maiden voyage. Felt sad after it happened.

1 Like
1 Like

Brilliant news if true. Should be banned.

This esb ecarconnect app is the schizzle, fellow electric vehicle drivers.

3 Likes

Heading into town later to buy my first electric car. Charge points at work, basically cutting my petrol costs to zero. Sound. Given my commute that’s a HUGE saving.

6 Likes

Impressive little app. Telling you what spots are taken and available is very useful. Hoping I won’t need to use them much but great to know where they are when they’re needed.

1 Like

How far is the commute?

Over 100km per day.

You’ll be as fit as a fiddle, pushing it the last 20k each way.

18 Likes

What is the maximum distance these days? Do you need to recharge for return trip home or is one charge a day sufficient?

Good man anyways…massive savings to be made on fuel as you said.